Got any Cobbs

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I’ve been lucky enough to find just 2 whole Cobbs. The tan one looks broken on the base but it must of been an error in the making cause it’s a flake removed. Both were found in creeks. Let’s see yours.
NW Georgia

Attachments

• IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4548.jpeg
    IMG_4548.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 10
I been working on some other tasks and been busy with family last few days.
But I have many more cobbs to show, I just have to pull the frame and take the photos.

this large Harrison County blade had been broken and glued. Found on my distant cousin's farm in Decatur County Indiana.
I believe it's a cobbs or stanfield variety even though it looks like a wadlow blade found in western Illinois and Missouri area.

Large and complete, but broken a long time back. bummer

1720553913593.png

L

This cobbs was found 11/13/88 in Hancock County Indiana. The location is now a park, back then my farmer neighbor's sister lived there and had corn fields. Outer cortex of the flint is seen. When found this relic was laying flat, completely exposed.

1720559005775.png

You are the King nice examples
Thank you. I have found many cobbs. In 2020, I found six complete cobbs in a span of 3 months. There are times I think the cobbs blades are one of the most common relics in this area.

I recall finding an amazing complete 5-inch cobb back in the early 90s made of Coshocton flint which I no longer have, but that's a story for a different time which I have contemplating writing.

I picked this Cobbs blade up in Owensboro in 2019 during that relic show weekend, from the fellow who obtained in at the Art Gerber sale. We were having a few beers at the bar and everyone was showing and talking relics.

The couple sitting next to us pulled it out and made me a deal - for less than what he obtained it for at the sale. As he was trying to build up some cash for another deal.

It has Arts catalog number of AG.405, made of Harrison County flint.
1720638631333.png

1720638696957.png

Thank you. I have found many cobbs. In 2020, I found six complete cobbs in a span of 3 months. There are times I think the cobbs blades are one of the most common relics in this area.

I recall finding an amazing complete 5-inch cobb back in the early 90s made of Coshocton flint which I no longer have, but that's a story for a different time which I have contemplating writing.

I picked this Cobbs blade up in Owensboro in 2019 during that relic show weekend, from the fellow who obtained in at the Art Gerber sale. We were having a few beers at the bar and everyone was showing and talking relics.

The couple sitting next to us pulled it out and made me a deal - for less than what he obtained it for at the sale. As he was trying to build up some cash for another deal.

It has Arts catalog number of AG.405, made of Harrison County flint.
View attachment 2158264

View attachment 2158265
Dognose the Cobb King!
We'd love to hear your story on the Coshocton Cobbs. I've only found the one I've posted in this thread & it's made from Coshocton.

This large cobbs with beveling on both blade edges, was found 2006 is made of Harrison county flint and is very thin. Found in southern Indiana along the Ohio River.

This is one of the largest cobbs in my collection and rest in one of my Harrison County flint frames. Harrison County flint is a favorite material of mine.
1720694349511.png

1720694436720.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back