Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some fields I planned on hitting were harvested early - so now they are over grown now
others I thought would have been cut down (corn) - still up ...finally found a few acres
that were hittable. I did not leave much behind from last year. just a few tiny bits and pieces of lead and brass and
a lot of new can slaw. Went to a spot near by where myself and others have never gotten much of anything -
we have gotten 1600s and up stuff all around this couple of acres - we think it may be newer (less than 150 yrs old)
claimed field - it has woods on either side and none of us have found any flat buttons or musket balls in it yet. It was pretty flat
so I decided to give it a swing before calling it a day. I started getting tons of slaw. Got a reading that rang up the same numbers as the last
10 pieces of slaw but was not gonna pass it up - 7 ins. down saw coin and thought might be a wheatie but thought that
would be odd because it did not ring up in penny range. Picked it up and could feel it was "fat" - it was crusty - could not see
date but saw headdress - and knew I had an older IH. Turned out to be an 1863. So finally got a coin from there. Reason for lower
numbers - fatty has nickel in it. Worked for another hour with only more slaw to show for it. Indian gave me hopes there might be some silver from same
period out there and kept me going. Got a really nice signal - in the 80s - Could this be my silver? - Dug down a foot
and got signal in hole with pinpointer. Pried around it with knife hoping not to nick it. Popped it up - looks like
a copper ...nope...brown clad quarter. Was best signal of the day and one of the deepest. Headed back towards my
vehicle and got another good signal but it was near surface. Pushed the grass aside and saw coin edge sticking out of
dirt. Plucked it out and figured it was gonna be a worn wheat. Gave it a rub and saw headdress again. Ended up being an 1883.
Wish I had more to show - just glad I did not get skunked .

Upvote 17
Good for you! I found 2¢ in my yard today... pre1982 but post 1961 [emoji6].

Couple of Indians, one being a fatty- I'd say you certainly didn't get skunked!! Congrats on the nice finds..

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back