Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box

Attachments

• XL-1ZTE4.jpg
    XL-1ZTE4.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,203
Looks like a great specialty tool, Amona, as long as you don't puncture that
keg of gold coins.

When you feel that you're crouching something, then you stop. I think it is a great tool instead to use a GPR.

Amona

I looked at one of those on ebay a day or two ago. I didn't think of using it for treasures, but hey, I'll try anything once.

lastleg said:
keg of gold coins.

...or gas lines...

Have used something similar to set new fence posts.
They really get with the hole making until you hit a rock ...
then they are liable to break an arm if you are really cranked upand digging hard.

You are the only thing keeping the top part from moving
If the bottom part gets stopped the top part can beat up the guy on top holding the machine in place...

LOL
One of these is a real adventure.

Thom

keg of gold coins.

...or gas lines...

Well, basically when you look for a cache, the most time, they're found in isolates places where "ones upon a time" lived people in that region.If you hit a gas line maybe you're in the wrong place searching for a cache because pipeline can be found in modern cities or neighborhood, never you will hit with this tool a pipeline inside a cave or 1700's ghost town,... :-\

Also you don't need a digger to puncture a pipeline, you can do it with a simple little pick or shovel. :D

Amona

Post hole diggers are another good option, and a lot easier to haul if your hiking to your site.

Post holers are great in soft ground but sharpshooters are better for quick digs.

Old Dog said:
Have used something similar to set new fence posts.
They really get with the hole making until you hit a rock ...
then they are liable to break an arm if you are really cranked upand digging hard.

You are the only thing keeping the top part from moving
If the bottom part gets stopped the top part can beat up the guy on top holding the machine in place...

LOL
One of these is a real adventure.

Thom

Yep , I've used one too . Don't get that thing hung up in tree roots either . :o

Used one to set crash posts around propane tanks. Best with two men operating. Do not put your hand or arm through the handles. Hold on to it were you can let it go easily if it grabs. Be careful not to step in the hole afterward. Saw a guy walk over a hole and fall in it just past the knee and bust his leg worse then I even seen.

As to the long range locater,,,,,,,,, save your money. Urb

That's basically an ice auger. Us Northerners use them for ice fishing. You can buy a dirt blade attachment and take off the ice attachment. They save a lot of time and effort when ice fishing.

Now why would anybody go fishing for Ice???

What kind of bait do you use?
Seems to me this takes sportsmanship to the extreme.

I can buy Ice if I need more than my icemaker creates.

LOL
Thom

I think the ones they sell at Harbor Freight & such have a dead man handle that you hold like a motorcycle clutch, as soon as you let go the auger stops. At least that's what my buddy was describing.

Ice fishing joke........

A couple of guys were ice fishing and having 0% luck. They tried numerous holes all over the lake with not one bite. One of the guys noticed this kid over by the shallow end was pulling in fish left & right & had a nice pile of fish sitting on the ice.

The two guys decide to go ask the kid what his secret is.

The guy says "Hey kid what's your secret?" The kid replies mumble blub mumble blub blub.

The guy says what?

The kid says mumble mumble blub mumble blub.

The guy says "kid I can't understand a word you're saying"

The kid spits the biggest mouthful of worms you ever saw into his hands and says "You gotta keep your bait warm" ;D

Back in the 60's a man from Sicily Island was using one of these post hole diggers. He did not know that wire was buried just below the ground surface. Sucked one of his legs in the auger and had to have what was left amputated. Sad but true, mans family name was Wells. So, be careful guys. :icon_scratch:

I used to use an auger similar to the one in the first photo above at work a few years ago. They aren't too bad to use. As long as you keep the bit sharp you can drill the soil REALLY slow, and you'll feel if you barely touch something. Then, you know to back it off. The key is to work slow. If you push while your drilling, you'll go right through your cache (or water lines, cable lines, gas lines, etc).
It's definately a good tool to have in your arsenol if your a SERIOUS treasure hunter.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back