Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bad news : I only had 2 before lol. I got out this morning with the intention of finding silver. Some days nothing else will do. Doesn't have to be old or big silver. First place I stop for permission, the fellow says " Sure. I'd be interested to see what you find." The first 5 targets were wheats, a '61 Rosie and the '43 Mercury dime. Of course I had no cell service so I could share with Cjon ( he always loves to know people are getting silver while he is at work ). Next target was a bottle cap and it was downhill from there lol. Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431539430.635190.jpg

Upvote 21
Great hunt in my book! I heart Mercs. I'm actually impressed by the wheaties. In the tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of swings I have taken over the years I have found exactly ONE wheat penny in the ground and that was just recently. No clue why the avoid me.

Thank you AluM...Mercs really are nice to find. I guess we all have a type of coin that just doesn't want to be found for some reason.

Congratulation on the silver!
Thanks PoE! I was just glad to get out and actually accomplished what I wanted.

Awesome day dave!, thanks for rubbing it In lol!!!

Jk, it's a great day, live it up!View attachment 1160681

Yvw Chris...I know you would and HAVE shared too lol!

Now, look OD. I like you. But, really! There's a limit to patience! 4 !?!? The year is half over for heck's sake!!

We all have a slump from time to time, but, MAN! :dontknow: !!

If this trend doesn't change soon, we're gonna have to just send you down to the minors and call up Cjon. Might not be permanent but
we just gotta do something! I know that CJ only uses his ATP as a hat rack but at least he can find a war nick now and again. Now, cmon man!
Shape a up a bit! :nono:

;)

Lol Gary. What can I say? If you lived closer, maybe I could coax you into lessons?

Congrats, the only silver coins I have this year are two war nickels, still looking for my first real one.

Qaela, war nicks ARE real silver lol. Not that I am an expert or anything, but I have seen many...all dug by Cjon :( lol. Thanks!

Last edited:
Tom UNTIL? YOU are a charter member of the Charlotte Silver Mafia that says good times and Great Friends in itself.
And OD the CMS claims every piece of silver west of the Mississippi belongs to them.
Shhh, TBD, don't tell anyone, but Beez asked me to find these. Seems he needs more to seed his lawn so he can get the guys to mow it again.

Lol, don't rub salt In the poor old guys wounds

If finding big 10k rings is a slump, sign me up
Someone said being in a slump just means I will find something really good to break it. Let's hope it happens Friday!

No, no, no...... "ring" singular! 1 every half year???? ;)

Hey, some of us don't have the " multiple ring " luck like you!

Shhh, TBD, don't tell anyone, but Beez asked me to find these. Seems he needs more to seed his lawn so he can get the guys to mow it again.

Yeah that Beez is quite slick a few dollars in salted silver coins and nobody is the wiser that the property owner paid him $500 to clean property.

Calling your buddies up and rubbing it in is just as good as finding the silver or the good stuff. Nice job

Yeah that Beez is quite slick a few dollars in salted silver coins and nobody is the wiser that the property owner paid him $500 to clean property.
Beez has that racket down to an art lol.

Luck, schmuck!

It's ALL that extra work I do that makes me what I am today! :tongue3:

Hey, I found a ring today! A gold colored one too, lol. Gave me a little start for a moment too.

Great hunt! Where's the War Nic?:thumbsup:

It's still waiting for the perfect opportunity to make it's grand entrance, lol. Thanks David.

Calling your buddies up and rubbing it in is just as good as finding the silver or the good stuff. Nice job
You better believe it! He makes sure to alert me every time a war nick is posted...even was thoughtful enough to tell me they even find 'em in Canada! Thanks TJ!

Last edited:
Shhh, TBD, don't tell anyone, but Beez asked me to find these. Seems he needs more to seed his lawn so he can get the guys to mow it again
Yeah Beez does seem like the CMS ringleader. With his superior intellect and Silver finding skills it only seems to reason that he will be the undisputed CMS Silver King and wearing CT's Crown for the year. With the overwhelming lead he has now he could hunt with his machine turned off for the rest of the year and still take the Crown.

Doubled your silver count, that's pretty sweet!

Still a nice day and nice finds!

Well what can I say about them war nickels, hmm, they're easy to find?........I've found a bunch? Lol

Gotta bust a little chops here, and by the way u forgot to tell what machine you were using!!!

Last edited:
I love it, would have been better if you had cell service.

Yeah Beez does seem like the CMS ringleader. With his superior intellect and Silver finding skills it only seems to reason that he will be the undisputed CMS Silver King and wearing CT's Crown for the year. With the overwhelming lead he has now he could hunt with his machine turned off for the rest of the year and still take the Crown.

Tom told me early on how competitive Beez is...I think Tom underestimated him!

Doubled your silver count, that's pretty sweet!

Yeah, now if I can just do it again!

It's that little bit of fibrillation that keeps the fires burning. ;)

You got that right Gary. When we don't get a little excited with a find it's time to find a new hobby or take a little break anyway.

Still a nice day and nice finds!
Thanks much WV HJ! Hope your next hunt is a very good one.

Well what can I say about them war nickels, hmm, they're easy to find?........I've found a bunch? Lol

Gotta bust a little chops here, and by the way u forgot to tell what machine you were using!!!

Lol, it wouldn't have mattered which machine. None of the finds were over 8 inches today. Man, the ground was powder too already! I should break out the GTAx on Friday. Let the old green machine see some new country. It's barely been out of the county since I have had it.

I love it, would have been better if you had cell service.

Brad, when I found the second silver, the first thing I did was take the phone out to text him. He said George did it to him yesterday, so I didn't want him to feel left out today either lol.

Brad, when I found the second silver, the first thing I did was take the phone out to text him. He said George did it to him yesterday, so I didn't want him to feel left out today either lol.

im glad I was first on your mind, Im so proud of my boy, getting so big!! lol

you people suck, it should've been a crime to be in work on such a beautiful day to dig,
seriously though, congrats again, much deserved!

Nice hunt. Silver makes for a nice hunt no matter what else happens.

Last edited:
Sweet day!! You doubled your silver count on one hunt, not everyone can say that. Lol
Any day I find silver it's a good day, every silver past that first one is a bonus. Personally my silver finds are getting further and further apart and I'm half afraid to dig the yards with the heat.
Maybe your next plug will be a silver spill with a war nickel to boot.

Looks like someone had a great day detecting. Any day you pull a silver is a great day, any day you pull 2 silvers is an amazing day. Congrats on all the fun you had.:occasion14:

Silver always makes a day a little brighter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back