Goldrush out west!

Urien of Rheged

Mar 7, 2024
Sorry folks not California but Lancashire in north west England.
So after having found a Victoria 1863 Gold sovereign on a Thursday afternoon at the beginning of this month, and then again on that Sunday with an 1821 sovereign some 12 miles and on another permission, I've been suffering a bit of a bad back and haven't been out over past couple of weeks.
Yesterday afternoon, feeling bored and a little more agile I decided to hit a local permission ive not been back to now for a couple of years. Not much was coming up in the open fields and so I headed to a gnarly area with a stream running through. I'd found a few 18th and 19th century coins there last time so headed back to see if I could Hoover any more up.
Straight away o started finding Victorian coppers and then up came a silver 1920 shilling.
I was then trolled by an alloy button that for a fraction of a second looked like a gold coin.
I was still shaking my head and chuckling to myself about fools gold, flipped up a clod of earth not anticipating anything and....Well.....BOOM.
There she was, sat there all shining and golden. An 1893 half sovereign (4 grams 22 carat.) There really is no doubting gold.

Three gold coins from three outings at three separate locations all in the space of three weeks.
someone up there is pulling some strings for me right now. Can't believe my good fortune.
Maybe i need to stop working and take up my hobby as a full time job 😆

Attachments

• IMG-20240817-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240817-WA0004.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG-20240817-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240817-WA0003.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 31

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back