Gold in Sand and Gravel pits

GoldReport

Oct 6, 2024
Hi everyone!
IMG_2340.jpg

Novice prospector here. I work for an aggregates mining company and have talked with the company geologist about gold in our s&g deposits. At my last site visits in Southern NY + NW PA I took my gold pan. I grabbed about a gallon of material from the sand screws and panned them. I would have done more material but was time limited. I did indeed find some glacial gold, really small stuff. What I am having a tough time figuring out is what processing this would look like. In my head I would set up a sluice box where the chute that feeds the sand screw is located. It would need to be something as low cost as possible and would not need to be cleaned out very often. Anyone have any pics of their setup they would be willing to share?

Still trying to determine the concentration in these deposits. If they could recover at least 0.01g per ton of sand, I think it could be profitable as an additional revenue stream.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! View attachment 2172642
Novice prospector here. I work for an aggregates mining company and have talked with the company geologist about gold in our s&g deposits. At my last site visits in Southern NY + NW PA I took my gold pan. I grabbed about a gallon of material from the sand screws and panned them. I would have done more material but was time limited. I did indeed find some glacial gold, really small stuff. What I am having a tough time figuring out is what processing this would look like. In my head I would set up a sluice box where the chute that feeds the sand screw is located. It would need to be something as low cost as possible and would not need to be cleaned out very often. Anyone have any pics of their setup they would be willing to share?

Still trying to determine the concentration in these deposits. If they could recover at least 0.01g per ton of sand, I think it could be profitable as an additional revenue stream.
Try processing say 1 - 2 tons will give you some target answers.

Any recommendations on what equipment to use for a test of that scale? Would like to make the pitch to my boss to buy some gear if possible
If the test is done first will help sell the idea of processing more.

Hi everyone! View attachment 2172642

Was your test panning done on raw product sand or on sand remaining in the screw trough after shut down?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back