Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just been hitting the same swim hole once a week....its very small and gives me gold almost every time.....the people get drunk and horse around in this tiny spot everyday when its warm. The water was still very cold and my hands are numb in 2 hours. The spring shorty suit has been excellent for getting me in earlier than most and its paid off. Ill work till 2, and on the way home ill stop one a week and hit this hole.....crocodile and bait fish had me miss it one week, and the big black mullet came through and made me leave because you never know whats feeding on and following them !! But there's gold in them there swim holes !! Woooo hoooo !!
20220327_101616.jpg

2 little shells that test gold !! Found a week apart at the same spot....I missed one the first week !!
20220328_173137.jpg

Nice collection of jewelry finds both with the EQX600, and some underwater eyeball work !!
20220329_070648.jpg

here we have a pink kiddie ring, a gold tone titanium band, a heavy rainbow tungsten band, and a 14k band !! Wow...2 rings a week, and its just getting started for water hunting....should be some heavy hitting Latinos with lots of gold swimming here this season, and im watching it like a hawk !!
20220328_172943.jpg
nice little gemstones in the cable cuff braclet marked "brilho". They are known for stainless,, silver,, and gold. I will let the jeweler examine it and tell me about the metals involved....the only similar example I found was a vintage silver "brilho" braclet....it seemed to be the only one hallmarked like mine !!
20220328_165556.jpg
in this pic you can see a small plated silver Mexican hoop earring......ya....I lost it already and can't find it !! Also eyballed 2 amethyst beads, and a pearl in the sand !! Wooo hooo !!
20220328_172758.jpg
hope everyone's upcoming spring and summer has gold in it....happy hunting and thanks for looking !!

Attachments

• 20220329_070648.jpg
    20220329_070648.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 37
Great post. Set-up a trail camera at the spot and you'll capture everyone and every thing. As a researcher, I always wondered how many people loose rings and jewelry and the like. 1 in 50?
Saw a guy at the beach one time and he had a ring on every finger AND was throwing a football! Thought to myself - there's a Donor. Down the beach shortly afterwards another metal detectorist told me he had just recovered a ring from a guy throwing a football!

Great post. Set-up a trail camera at the spot and you'll capture everyone and every thing. As a researcher, I always wondered how many people loose rings and jewelry and the like. 1 in 50?
Saw a guy at the beach one time and he had a ring on every finger AND was throwing a football! Thought to myself - there's a Donor. Down the beach shortly afterwards another metal detectorist told me he had just recovered a ring from a guy throwing a football!
Your right Lawrence....it is fascinating to see how much gets lost each week compared to the amount of traffic. So far the combination of a small well defined swimming hole, a bar and restaurant, and a Latin crowd with lots of gold on....has proven very good picking !!

Got a stainless ring, and a gold button stud earring today !!
16488542290732681254375016099071.jpg

Found a David Yurman 1 oz silver ingot w black SS chain 2 yrs ago and it was valued second-hand retail as $1,000!!! Bracelet is a real find and better then the gold bands. [Wife didn't care much for it UNTIL I told her it was a David Yurman and then she confiscated it!] Great finds.
I predict there is a diamond and gold ring in that Honey hole waiting for you!

WTG my friend ...keep it up
I finally went out and bought a new lap top
my other crashed at time pandemic started (it got a bad virus and died)
Ive still had medical issues - just got outta hospital last week
Docs still dont wante me walking around or going in water
but trying to retire soon and im gonna eventually say #$%& it!
I may try heading to Keys in late Nov. or Dec. - will contact you if I do :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back