Gifs, Pics, and More

giphy.gif

Simon
Did they tell what the bar was worth?
========

Sorry for the delayed response Rook. I could not find any source that placed a value on it. But based on current gold prices and the weight of the bar, whatever that amount is would be lightyears away from the historic value and I have not seen where other bars had been found ( yet ).

The bar was originally discovered in 1981 during a construction project some 16 feet (5 meters) underground in downtown Mexico City - which was built on the ruins of the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan - where a canal that would have been used by the fleeing Spaniards was once located.

The bar weighs about 2 kg (4.4 lb) and is 26.2 cm (10.3 inches) long, 5.4 cm (2.1 inches) wide and 1.4 cm (half an inch) thick.

A fluorescent X-ray chemical analysis was able to pinpoint its creation to between 1519-1520, according to INAH, which coincides with the time Cortes ordered gold objects stolen from an Aztec treasury to be melted down into bars for easier transport to Europe.

Buddy, the last nights I follow this life coverage:

Hey Tom,.........

The count went from 132 to 169 in only 5 hours.

I'm getting that old sinking feeling again

Hey Tom,.........

Since 5 days the cases gone up from 689 to over 7000.

Did you recognized that in all countries outside from China only Asians got the virus and no one else?! This is confirmed.

If this don´t change in the next 10 or 14 days, it gets freaky!

Hey Tom,.........

And that´s just the official cases, given by the Chinese communist gov which I don´t trust.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back