Garrett AT Pro came yesterday! WooHoo!

cowetadan

Aug 1, 2014
Thomasville,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Pro-Pointer AT has a lot of different functions. YouTube videos will be watched. Looking at owner's manual booklet. Wow! Waterproof to 20'! Has vibrate mode 3 settings! Have headphones. Bought several accessories from Garrett, should arrive this afternoon.

I will put some targets in the yard, depth around 2" & 5". Get used to the different sound's.

Attachments

• IMG_6198.JPG
    IMG_6198.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6195.JPG
    IMG_6195.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6197.JPG
    IMG_6197.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Lots of information in videos and in the Garrett forum section.
Stick with the factory settings in the beginning.

Congratulations. It's a great tool to have. I have 2 of them now. Their warranty is great and if it breaks their turn around time is quick. I used my first one so much I ground the plastic so thin on the tip that it leaked. Try to find a rubber cap to put on the tip so it won't wear down.

Make sure if you go into salt water with it, that you immediately clean the connectors on the back of the control box for the coil and headphone, They will corrode quickly. Also always lubricate the coil and submersible headphone "O"rings with lithium grease every time to unscrew the headphone and coil from the control box to prevent leaking.

Congratulations. It's a great tool to have. I have 2 of them now. Their warranty is great and if it breaks their turn around time is quick. I used my first one so much I ground the plastic so thin on the tip that it leaked. Try to find a rubber cap to put on the tip so it won't wear down.
Looked for a lanyard last night and ordered 2 of them. They each included a protecting on the pointer. Thanks for mentioning that about the tip. Well, going to the bank. See if I can get some old dimes and half dollars in rolls. Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back