image-1652789662.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1287219914.jpg
    image-1287219914.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3265192402.jpg
    image-3265192402.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 153
Nice collection. I am no expert but they all look very much earlier than the early 1900's, at the latest (the .45's) ?

It's impossible to get a licence here, for Joe Citizen to carry a handgun.
It's only become common lately for the Police to admit, some cop vehicles will carry a firearm.
Mike

All in that picture are WWI (1914-1918) vintage except the one Webley is Earlier but not earlier then about 1900.

Upvote 0
As good a shape as the gun is in, you gotta wonder what happened to the grips. If you can find a reproduction of the early Sears catalog, there are lots of those type of inexpensive pistols advertised in that, complete with pictures. It's a fun book to look through.

From page 733 of the 1908 Sears and Roebuck Catalog. Thanks for the idea BosnMate!
FILE2716.JPG

Upvote 0
forehand * 5 shot 32 break top action -- around the turn of the century cheap 32 cal "pocket pistols" were quite common .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The slant of the trigger guard does resemble the Iver Johnson more. it also came in a break down, 5 shot, .32 S&W caliber.
This was also in the 1908 Sears Catalog
FILE2720.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well to those who call it cheap seem to forget that at the time everything seems to be cheap by today's standards . Laborers made less that 25 cents a hour . I own two quality vintage 32's and they are not the Saturday Night Specials that flooded the market in the 1970's and later . They are well built quality revolvers that I fire still.
And this revolver in it's condition is considered a "relic" and should be legal to own in any state . If your state requires a license to carry ... why would you carry this? And for those who'll say it's not old enough to be considered a relic you're right , it isn't , But you can have it in it's current state as a non-firing weapon ... unless you're a Felon . I have found or dug two of these kind of weapons in Illinois and showed them to Rockford Detectives and they chuckled and gave them back . "Nothing can fire and nothing to trace" one said . That being said I have found firing and dangerous pistols in Rockford parks and they stayed put and where picked up by police when I notified them .
Also you could restore it BUT I would NEVER fire it because of unseen damage in the steel from being buried for so long . IMHO , Woodstock

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The slant of the trigger guard does resemble the Iver Johnson more. it also came in a break down, 5 shot, .32 S&W caliber.
This was also in the 1908 Sears Catalog
View attachment 808766
You saved me the trouble of searching for my Sears Roebucks. I also had one with the owls on the hand grips..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back