image-1652789662.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1287219914.jpg
    image-1287219914.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3265192402.jpg
    image-3265192402.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 153
I will find it today and post it for you . Heck , I have it in my desk right in front of me .. It says , "Forehand Model 1901" then below it's says Hopkins and Allen " But this one is a 6 shot . But the "Safety Police" is what I think you have . It's also a 5 shot and it's a smaller revolver . It's also a Hopkins and Allen as well . Woodstock
What exactly does the top rib of the forehand say

Upvote 0
As good a shape as the gun is in, you gotta wonder what happened to the grips. If you can find a reproduction of the early Sears catalog, there are lots of those type of inexpensive pistols advertised in that, complete with pictures. It's a fun book to look through.

Upvote 0
As good a shape as the gun is in, you gotta wonder what happened to the grips. If you can find a reproduction of the early Sears catalog, there are lots of those type of inexpensive pistols advertised in that, complete with pictures. It's a fun book to look through.

It would have to be a repoduction,most of them catalogs went down the hole in the outhouse:laughing7:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thank you for keeping me honest...
in my defense..it is early an I haven't had enough coffee.

:laughing7:"honest"?....I know you werent being un-truthful.......I hope you didnt make another mistake....? 8-)

Upvote 0
After running it through the ultrasonic cleaner a few times I can make out the first word is forehand and the last two numbers where the date should be read 88

Upvote 0
Believe it or not the more I run this through the cleaner the better it works I'm thinking this may be able to be saved

Upvote 0
Nice find. :icon_thumleft:

Out of interest, do you have to have a gun licence, having dug a possible viable weapon?
Mike

Upvote 0
Don't need no stinking license in Missouri to own a handgun.

NOt in Washington either

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/drbecker/DCP02135.jpg

Nice collection. I am no expert but they all look very much earlier than the early 1900's, at the latest (the .45's) ?

It's impossible to get a licence here, for Joe Citizen to carry a handgun.
It's only become common lately for the Police to admit, some cop vehicles will carry a firearm.
Mike

Upvote 0
nice find,, it may be able to be restored and functional but i would keep it as a wall hanger, Nice find

Upvote 0
you dont need a license in the USA.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back