image-1652789662.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1287219914.jpg
    image-1287219914.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3265192402.jpg
    image-3265192402.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 153
I don't know much of anything about guns,makes and models but the size of the holes in the cylinder look like my Ruger SP 101 38 Special.

Upvote 0
Oh o.k. ,I was just going by appearances only.It will be interesting to see why it turned up where it did.

Upvote 0
It appears to be in good enough condition to restore. Great find!

Upvote 0
Try googling"Harrington and Richardson Arms Company" and look for their 5 shot double action 32 caliber pistol.

Upvote 0
I think it is a 5 shot Smith & Wesson .Called a lemon Squeezer ..You find some neat stuff.I wonder what will show up next.Keep it up.

Upvote 0
I think it is a 5 shot Smith & Wesson .Called a lemon Squeezer ..You find some neat stuff.I wonder what will show up next.Keep it up.
....lemon sqeezer gets its name from the release on the back of the handle....this one doesnt have that...they also do not have a hammer :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it was in that old barn when they tore it down that's why it was above ground hope I can figure out how old it is

Upvote 0
Check the rib on top of the barrel for markings, that's where they tended to be on these pistols. It does look like an S&W but there were a lot of companies making nearly identical pistols like that. H&R is probably the most common. That one looks good enough to shoot to me, I would definitely try to get it working. If the bore is as clean as the outside, I'd say you've got a shooter, but have a qualified gunsmith look it over first if you're not familiar with old guns.

Upvote 0
No marks on top just on bottom of grip haven't cleaned out the barrel yet the serial number is the only thing I can make out if you squeeze trigger really hard hammer will work but it's tough

Upvote 0
Wait under heavy magnification I can barely make out som marks on the rib I see a bunch of word ending with mass. US the last three letters of the word before that is tff best i can tell

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But there is not enough room on the barrel for the Harrington and Richards I can see some letters hit and miss but they are worn and don't quite match with that but if that's the only arms maker there then it must be

Upvote 0
OK everyone ... lets take a deep breath because many arms company's made a similar design . I own two vintage 32's and both are "hawkins & allen" . One is small 32 called a Safety Police and the other call a Forehand . This looks to be the Forehand . They discontinued making pistols in 1914 . Both models I have were made in two different finishes , blued and nickel and had either black or wooden grips . I hope it can be cleaned to reveal the maker . IMHO , Woodstock

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back