Found my first silver yesterday( well 40% silver at least)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to a humongous yard we have detected a few times last week that is on a main road where both Union and Confederates were during the Civil War. Found an old horse ring,four keys in the same hole(one looks like it was to a lockbox,an old shotgun shell,a concave button I'm wondering the age on and why it's slightly blue in color,and a 1968 Kennedy D half.I about swooned when I realized I had a large silver round something in my hand,especially when I saw the eagle. It could have just as easily been a Morgan.My husband knew from the look on my face I was excited as I showed him what I had in my hand.Funny thing is that he found a Readers Digest $100,000 Sweepstakes token last week in the same yard that looked like old silver.If anyone can tell me anything about the button it would be appreciated.There is no shank on the back and it is concave.

image.jpgving troubleimage.jpg

Upvote 10
actually a brit. google 'an idiot abroad' he's hilarious

GREAT JOB GIRL!! I found a 1969 D about two weeks ago, people said they are really hard to find... :-) :-) :-) 40% silvers were from 1965 - 1969 :-)

Last edited:
Nice going, Coilygirl. Now that you've got the first out of the way, the rest will surely come soon!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back