Found my first silver yesterday( well 40% silver at least)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to a humongous yard we have detected a few times last week that is on a main road where both Union and Confederates were during the Civil War. Found an old horse ring,four keys in the same hole(one looks like it was to a lockbox,an old shotgun shell,a concave button I'm wondering the age on and why it's slightly blue in color,and a 1968 Kennedy D half.I about swooned when I realized I had a large silver round something in my hand,especially when I saw the eagle. It could have just as easily been a Morgan.My husband knew from the look on my face I was excited as I showed him what I had in my hand.Funny thing is that he found a Readers Digest $100,000 Sweepstakes token last week in the same yard that looked like old silver.If anyone can tell me anything about the button it would be appreciated.There is no shank on the back and it is concave.

image.jpgving troubleimage.jpg

Upvote 10
Having a bit of trouble posting pictures but here is the front and back of the button

View attachment 894753

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 130
Congrats on your first silver! 40% still counts, and it's big! Not sure on the button, good luck with the search.

Way cool........ GET R DONE. :hello:

Thanks y'all! Hope it's not my one and only silver.

Nice... still looking for my silver... great job

Glad you joined the Silver club - Have you found Gold yet?

Congratulations!!

40% is still pretty darn awesome!..great find!..i bet you loved seeing somethign that big coming out!

Congrats, Coily. Six years hunting, and I still haven't found one of those.

I'm sure its the first of many, good work, congrats!

Nice finds. Keep diggin

Coily babe! long time no talk. How ya been? What's up down there?

Nice Find CoilyGirl ! Silver Kennedy halves seem to be a tougher find (40% or 90% ) than Walkers or Franklins - Congratulations !
I've only found one Kennedy silver -( also a 40% - 1968 I think ) in my nine years of detecting . You will find plenty more silver coins !

Thanks for all the replies fellow treasure hunters,it was a fine afternoon for sure and I can't wait to go back again.The thing is,a lot of this monstrous yard is fill but its close to our Ouse and I don't think the yard has been sea he'd much but next door has and there were bullets and horse bits,old bottle bits and trash found in the woods behind their house?May sweet talk them into letting us look there next.

Coily babe! long time no talk. How ya been? What's up down there?
Dude,I found silver,that what up! Who is the bald guy in your profile? Squiggy made you pull your hair out?

NICE SILVER SAVE ! you got to love digging silver .I hope you fined lots more .GL HH

Thanks for all the replies fellow treasure hunters,it was a fine afternoon for sure and I can't wait to go back again.The thing is,a lot of this monstrous yard is fill but its close to our Ouse and I don't think the yard has been sea he'd much but next door has and there were bullets and horse bits,old bottle bits and trash found in the woods behind their house?May sweet talk them into letting us look there next.

Dude,I found silver,that what up! Who is the bald guy in your profile? Squiggy made you pull your hair out?

you don't know karl pilkington? hes a funny dude

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back