Found in same field as the 1803 LC. Dandy button with eagle!

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Found this a short while ago in the neighbors hay field.
Last week I found a REALLY NICE 1803 Large Cent. This button comes from the same field, 100 yards away.

Is this a George Washington button??
I have done nothing to it but a soft toothbrush and some water. Not really sure if I should do the Peroxide on this or not... opinions on cleaning and ID of the button are welcome.

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_5337_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5337_1_1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_5339_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5339_1_1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_5341_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5341_1_1.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0
I have been looking arround and I guess this button is really an unusual find ( my head swelling )
Still not really sure what to say other than I guess that all of the other sites that I hit will have to wait for a while.

Thank You to everyone for the comments :D

I think that I will post it in the Button forum as well.

Here she is all cleaned up..... VPR

Attachments

• IMG_5363_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5363_1_1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_5365_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5365_1_1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 413
That is still on my wish list,great find :o,and keep a look out in the area for more washington buttons... Relic

Attachments

• washington buttons.jpg
    washington buttons.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 393
I have the day off from work and will be spending it in the field. I am headed out in a short while.

Wish me luck ;D VPR

For sure a BANNER find.. man oh man that is sweet diggins' right there...Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

That is a great find.......It sure is one of those items on my (To find list)......Soon, Very soon.......Gotta think positive! :wink: WTG.......I would be very carefull with the cleaning process, talk to someone that know about restoring and preserving historic artifacts. There are plenty of members on this site that have done and do a great job with cleaning and displaying there finds...........Keep on Digging!

John

Could you please post a pic of the back of the large cent.... thanks I can't believe how good the front of that large cent is.. You had a very good day!!!

Great button...Congrats. I've seen these buttons on T-Net before but not in a long time.

I'm sure there must be more great stuff out on the property.

Good luck

NJ

NICE :o Banner for that hard work :thumbsup:

creeper71 said:
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
creeper71 said:
Could you please post a pic of the back of the large cent.... thanks I can't believe how good the front of that large cent is.. You had a very good day!!!

Here is a link to that post. Thanks for the interest ;D VPR

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,188666.0.html
if I'm looking at that coin you have the small fraction varity.. is this correct?

Yes, It is the small fraction reverse. VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back