Found a new place to hunt with outhouse included... but slightly used!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I was not able to hunt at the Lazy mans Rest anymore, I had to come up with a new place right away. Well, it didn't take long as I am always one step ahead. Me and my hunting partner, Randy headed to a place I have had my eyes on. The place we are told dates from the early 1900's. Both of the people have long been gone...... but the house if full of old antiques and other belongings ??? . I took a picture inside the door, but due to respect of the current owner I would not go inside. He is a nice farmer who lives next door and still farms and raises cattle. You can see his house in the first picture. He is also a preacher at a local church. Nice man. He said, I don't care. So we thanked him and headed over there. I wasn't 10 feet on the property and started to pull Wheaties. 15 today with ages ranging from 1913, 1915, and 30's ,40's and 50's . No silver today, but I'll bet there is some there on this 1 acre yard. It's got an old garage, chicken coop, outhouse and another building of some sort. The good thing about it is that it is free of trash :thumbsup: We worked the front yard, as this seems to be where most of the action took place. Kids love hills and so do I :D Back Sunday and spend some more time. We only hunted it 2 hours and there is much turf left. I love it when you find things every 5 or 10 minutes. Thar's my kind of hunting. I couldn't get the outhouse door fully opened, but you can see the lid. This is a nice, quiet place out in the country. Enjoy. Ron

003-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

Below is a picture of the outhouse. See the seat :o Maybe I can do a "privy Dig" here ;D

011-4.jpg

Owners cows ::)

010-5.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: Found a new place to hunt with outhouse included

Craz,

Looks like another great place to hunt. So much land, so little time...hahhah

PS: Some of those black animals have BIG horns...watch your back or lower.

SKD

SoreKneesDayton said:
Craz,

Looks like another great place to hunt. So much land, so little time...hahhah

PS: Some of those black animals have BIG horns...watch your back or lower.

SKD

I saw a black angus bull in there while we were talking to the owner......... yummy .........Burger King ;D

Sure looks like it has potential! Good luck finding that silver, gotta be some of it around! :thumbsup:

seger98 said:
Sure looks like it has potential! Good luck finding that silver, gotta be some of it around! :thumbsup:

Thanks Seger :thumbsup:

DANG THAT WAS QUICK. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.PICTURES WERE GREAT.

Theres got to be silver there. Low and slow brother, and its all yours. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see what comes out of that place.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

kdismuke1 said:
DANG THAT WAS QUICK. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.PICTURES WERE GREAT.

I'm always looking....... 1 step ahead. Lots of old places around here where I grew up. I will never run out of places :D I'm a truck driver, too so when I'm on the road my eyes are scanning ;D

Wow, that is my kinda place to hunt. One door closes and another one opens. Goodluck with the future hunts....jgas

juju said:
Theres got to be silver there. Low and slow brother, and its all yours. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see what comes out of that place.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Thanks juju. By the way. I cut my thumb on some UFO. Not as bad as yours. But it hurts a little.

LabradorBob said:
Sorry to hear you lost a place to hunt,sounds like the new place is gettin good,keep us posted,best of luck.

Thanks Bob, I sure will. My days are numbered as the holidays are over and winter hasn't yet blasted us. Not bad for Jan. But i love every hunt I can get in :icon_sunny:

Another great site full of potential already! Bummer about the Lazy Man's but that's how it goes sometimes. That has not happened to me yet. HH, Mike

Bavaria Mike said:
Another great site full of potential already! Bummer about the Lazy Man's but that's how it goes sometimes. That has not happened to me yet. HH, Mike

Thanks Mike. Not a big deal. That's the way things go :icon_sunny:

SWR said:
Nice site, for sure!

You may want to invest in a bright orange cone to place behind your vehicle, if you are going to park that close to the road. Safety first!

I think only one or 2 cars passed us the 2 hours we were there. Thanks for being "safety" conscious of my junky car :D

Great story and nice pics Ron :thumbsup:
You always find the coolest places to hunt ;D

Congrats to you!

G1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back