Found a new place to hunt with outhouse included... but slightly used!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I was not able to hunt at the Lazy mans Rest anymore, I had to come up with a new place right away. Well, it didn't take long as I am always one step ahead. Me and my hunting partner, Randy headed to a place I have had my eyes on. The place we are told dates from the early 1900's. Both of the people have long been gone...... but the house if full of old antiques and other belongings ??? . I took a picture inside the door, but due to respect of the current owner I would not go inside. He is a nice farmer who lives next door and still farms and raises cattle. You can see his house in the first picture. He is also a preacher at a local church. Nice man. He said, I don't care. So we thanked him and headed over there. I wasn't 10 feet on the property and started to pull Wheaties. 15 today with ages ranging from 1913, 1915, and 30's ,40's and 50's . No silver today, but I'll bet there is some there on this 1 acre yard. It's got an old garage, chicken coop, outhouse and another building of some sort. The good thing about it is that it is free of trash :thumbsup: We worked the front yard, as this seems to be where most of the action took place. Kids love hills and so do I :D Back Sunday and spend some more time. We only hunted it 2 hours and there is much turf left. I love it when you find things every 5 or 10 minutes. Thar's my kind of hunting. I couldn't get the outhouse door fully opened, but you can see the lid. This is a nice, quiet place out in the country. Enjoy. Ron

003-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

Below is a picture of the outhouse. See the seat :o Maybe I can do a "privy Dig" here ;D

011-4.jpg

Owners cows ::)

010-5.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks like a great place, Ron. :thumbsup:

I'm always fascinated by old abandoned houses that still have belongings inside. I look at all that stuff and try to visualize it new. Now it's all old and abandoned and on its way down the path to oblivion, much like the people who once lived and enjoyed their lives there. It helps put things into perspective once in a while. It reminds me that none of the "stuff" makes a home or a place what it is - it's the people who do, and neither are here to stay.
Neil

Ron,
Sounds like you found another great place to hunt.
15 wheat's in one day is awesome, there has to be silver too.
Can't wait to see what all you pull out of your new spot.
With the exception of the out house. lol Don't think I want to see what comes out of there. lol

Good luck, keep us posted on the finds.

DN

Ron,
Great looking place. I see many Merc's in your future. :wink: Congrats on your quick finds.
-Doug-

Check ALL big signals!! Looks like a GREAT place for a cache!
Good Luck!
Dale

Gotta love those nice quiet places that have no modern trash! :thumbsup: You're finding some awesome sites to hunt, CJ! :icon_pirat: I know if there's silver there, you'll find it!

GREAT pictures!!

Nana :wink:

Nice job I have several prospects also but not sure how you are digging here in ohio ground was solid other day when i tried.

In regards to that last photo- what a load of bull! ::)

That sure is a lot of ruralization ya got there. Keep us updated on the hunts!

Joe

kimsdad said:
Looks like a great place, Ron. :thumbsup:

I'm always fascinated by old abandoned houses that still have belongings inside. I look at all that stuff and try to visualize it new. Now it's all old and abandoned and on its way down the path to oblivion, much like the people who once lived and enjoyed their lives there. It helps put things into perspective once in a while. It reminds me that none of the "stuff" makes a home or a place what it is - it's the people who do, and neither are here to stay.
Neil

Thanks Neil and Denvernuggets

Wow, Ron, there's so much possibility there.....so much turf!!

Good luck at that place!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn_SE said:
Wow, Ron, there's so much possibility there.....so much turf!!

Good luck at that place!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan. Hope you break some new records this year :icon_king:

Looks like that spot has GREAT potential! I'm not quite sure, but that TV like thing could be a Vectrex. I love dealing with Vintage Gaming, and if I'm not mistaken, that Vertical TV is an 80's Vectrex. Theres a few different versions...but they usually go for $60 - $80 on the 'Bay...treasure is always right infront of you..anyway, good luck on the new spot!

HH, Kiko ;D

Attachments

• Vectrex3.jpg
    Vectrex3.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 325
Ron,

Congrats on the great pics, a nice hunt, and a really great-looking site. It looks like there is a lot of potential there. I wish you a lot of success.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Dr. Ace said:
Ron,

Congrats on the great pics, a nice hunt, and a really great-looking site. It looks like there is a lot of potential there. I wish you a lot of success.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Thanks again Dr. A. Didn't find any silver there yet??

Kiko68 said:
Looks like that spot has GREAT potential! I'm not quite sure, but that TV like thing could be a Vectrex. I love dealing with Vintage Gaming, and if I'm not mistaken, that Vertical TV is an 80's Vectrex. Theres a few different versions...but they usually go for $60 - $80 on the 'Bay...treasure is always right infront of you..anyway, good luck on the new spot!

HH, Kiko ;D

Thanks Kiko and AS. Welcome to TNET :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back