Found a big deposit! Finally.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For several years I’ve prospected my area. I’ve hit nearly every creek and river in 30 miles. Mostly gravel bars as Ohio gold tends to be pretty small. I traveled up a little creek a bit further than I had in the past. Tested a gravel bar just around a sharp corner and BANG! 40-50 specks. Pan after pan it’s holding strong. The largest chunky black sand, garnets and mixed iron stone and verity’s mjnerals I’ve found to date.

After about 20 pans in and I’ve found this deposit is about 200’ long and as wide as 20’. The real kicker, there’s bedrock about 3-4’ below this bar, I can see it exposed on the fast side of the river.

Freaking tickled fellers!

I’ll try and post some decent pictures once I get to doing some real work.

Upvote 41
I understand you now for sure, it is their right because they bought the property with the mineral rights. It gets confusing to me when let's say a few people are living near a creek. A prospector finds an area he likes, he parks his car along side the road. He walks up to the closest house and asks if it's OK to prospect here? He also tells her he will get rid of any trash he finds in the creek. She agrees. He then decides it's not such a good spot and drives up the road a bit. He then proceeds to get his gear and enters the water from that location. He does find gold there and keeps it. Not only is he probably stealing someone else's gold, he now isn't on the property he asked for permission in the first place. What if she doesn't even have mineral rights to that creek in the first place? Now do you see where this is going? And what if 3 or more people had houses to that creek? Wouldn't you have to ask all of them? The reason why I asked this is because there is a PA YouTuber that did EXACTLY what I have just mentioned. Also what if there property line extended to the end of their yard and not to that creek. How on earth would you know who owns that section in the creek? These rules in PA are not as strict as your state as you can see or there wouldn't be some youtuber yapping about how he found gold on someone else's property that he basically didn't ask permission to prospect. I won't be that person and I will ask, if I get permission great! If not I will move on.

I understand you now for sure, it is their right because they bought the property with the mineral rights. It gets confusing to me when let's say a few people are living near a creek. A prospector finds an area he likes, he parks his car along side the road. He walks up to the closest house and asks if it's OK to prospect here? He also tells her he will get rid of any trash he finds in the creek. She agrees. He then decides it's not such a good spot and drives up the road a bit. He then proceeds to get his gear and enters the water from that location. He does find gold there and keeps it. Not only is he probably stealing someone else's gold, he now isn't on the property he asked for permission in the first place. What if she doesn't even have mineral rights to that creek in the first place? Now do you see where this is going? And what if 3 or more people had houses to that creek? Wouldn't you have to ask all of them? The reason why I asked this is because there is a PA YouTuber that did EXACTLY what I have just mentioned. Also what if there property line extended to the end of their yard and not to that creek. How on earth would you know who owns that section in the creek? These rules in PA are not as strict as your state as you can see or there wouldn't be some youtuber yapping about how he found gold on someone else's property that he basically didn't ask permission to prospect. I won't be that person and I will ask, if I get permission great! If not I will move on.
Oh and I'm definitely joining a club for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back