tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was interesting. I've never heard of gold being deposited in this way. Doubt anyone will ever be allowed to prospect and develop it, being where it's located. Still you gotta wonder what other deposits of mineral wealth is down below all that ice.

Upvote 6
Oh hell NO.... We're talking about ol' Bubba and volcanoes sir... get a grip..! :BangHead:
Yes the cat has a hard time getting a grip with it's paws..........lol.

I believe that was Bubba at the gate in the photo attachment the cat posted.......:laughing7::icon_salut: :cat:

Yes the cat has a hard time getting a grip with it's paws..........lol.

I believe that was Bubba at the gate in the photo attachment the cat posted.......:laughing7::icon_salut: :cat:
Well sir.... ol' Bubba was not a wild child and very gentle. What your cat posted was not a Bubba moment. Did I ever mention that Bubba loved to go on rides. If the house crop dusting was bad try an enclosed vehicle.... I miss bubba. Maybe it did effect my brain...? :tongue3:

Well sir.... ol' Bubba was not a wild child and very gentle. What your cat posted was not a Bubba moment. Did I ever mention that Bubba loved to go on rides. If the house crop dusting was bad try an enclosed vehicle.... I miss bubba. Maybe it did effect my brain...? :tongue3:
Good to here this and the cat gives a purrr out to both you and Bubba. Thank you for sharing.

Yes a pet can become part of the family and be gentle to everyone. A loss for everyone when the time comes. Pets can have an emotional effect on the family so this is normal.

I thought this was interesting. I've never heard of gold being deposited in this way. Doubt anyone will ever be allowed to prospect and develop it, being where it's located. Still you gotta wonder what other deposits of mineral wealth is down below all that ice.
There was a lot, lot of good nuggets found around 15yrs ago? In Papua New Guinea that at first people thought had been spewed out of a volcano. I guess because some looked freshly formed from molten. Apparently though its believed and id say 100%, that the eruption occured beneath an old rich gold deposit blasting the nuggets out melting some giving them that appearance. There is some serious gold there but its crazy no mans land. A guy I knew went there planning to get rich. Went for 2 months was back in 2 weeks. Said it was madness, people with guns everywhere, hearing gunshots each night and the most dodgy collection of people from all over the world you could imagine. He was told when there, don't bring out that detector it'll be the last thing you do. He came back empty handed.

Is there any relevance here? How does this relate to the original topic?
Between this and the actor's death post, I'm really scratching my head here ???
Some on this thread topic have pointed out that volcanos produce methane and other types of gas that is somewhat off of the topic of blown out minerals of a volcano.

Since almost all volcanos expel / blow out minerals as a natural part of forming a volcano. The topic of searching for different minerals is very common yet hard to pin point due to all of the different events around a typical given volcano. There are common events among volcanos yet no two volcanos are going to be exactly the same. By looking for the same types of events one can find where some of the minerals are that are of value.

FYI: A actor playing a fictional part is more common then you may realize and could explain why there is few to no answers given on a typical topic post is the point being made even when asked to explain the process and most important the results.

Last edited:
That's hilarious! Mount Erebus produces more than 450,000 tons of Chlorine gas each year. It produces as much Chlorine and Hydrofluoric acid as all the rest of the active volcanoes in the world. In 1990 tests established that Mount Erebus' Chlorine emissions were the principle cause of ozone depletion in the upper atmosphere at the south pole.

The gold being "blown out" is in the form of gold chloride gas. Chlorine dissolves gold. I guess you could recover that gold if you could figure out what to do with all those tons of very hot toxic caustic chemicals that accompany a single gram of gold.
It's hard to even comprehend how bad the process of extracting that would be on life on this planet. On the other hand, maybe we can make some process where robots turn it all into PVC. Then we can have them use all that PVC to build Santa's Workshop and all sorts of other Christmas stuff there just to be total maniacs.

It's hard to even comprehend how bad the process of extracting that would be on life on this planet. On the other hand, maybe we can make some process where robots turn it all into PVC. Then we can have them use all that PVC to build Santa's Workshop and all sorts of other Christmas stuff there just to be total maniacs.
Natures bacteria can process some or all of these compounds that in turn produces buy products that other bacteria / insects / animals need for life to carry on. This is part of the normal life cycles process.

Yep man would have a impossible task of trying to keep up at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back