Found 3 silver coins & a Franklin Institute token.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 1942 merc, 1952 rosie, and a 1964 quarter at a new permission I got. I also found a vintage aluminum souvenir token of the Franklin Institute Philadelphia Pa. I think it's a vending machine token and has a profile of Benjamin Franklin on the front. Franklin Institute on the back. Also found one button.
IMG_1372 2.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    873.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1367.jpeg
    IMG_1367.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Upvote 17
Nice finds, it looks like someone was trying to print that message in "code" by adding all of the letter A's ! If you haven't noticed, read it without the A's in it.

Nice finds, it looks like someone was trying to print that message in "code" by adding all of the letter A's ! If you haven't noticed, read it without the A's in it.
Found out it is a vending machine token that someone could personalize on one side. The property owner told me got it at a fair when he was a kid .

Well done on the silvers, congrats

I found 1942 merc, 1952 rosie, and a 1964 quarter at a new permission I got. I also found a vintage aluminum souvenir token of the Franklin Institute Philadelphia Pa. I think it's a vending machine token and has a profile of Benjamin Franklin on the front. Franklin Institute on the back. Also found one button.
View attachment 2169954
looks like a really fun hunt, nice saves and wtg

Great finds Ed - congrats !

Here's a few photo's of the machines that made your Souvenir Token.
These machines were often seen at Fairs and Carnivals in the 1940's - 1960's era.

Attachments

• Star Token Machine - A.jpg.jpg
    Star Token Machine - A.jpg.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Star Token Machine - B.jpg.jpg
    Star Token Machine - B.jpg.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back