ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out to the raft off last night. Not another detectorist in sight. Worked for me. Played until 2am. For those that have never heard of a raft off, here is last years picture. Over 5,000 boats and people everywhere. This is a drinking adult party on the lake.

Found the silver Claddagh ring first and some change. Finally hit a gold band. YEA!! Got back to the marina at 2am and slept. Decided to hit another spot today. Boy am I glad I did. I guess the picture will tell everything. A bit of clad and a few more sunglasses and BAM.

When I saw that chain hanging from the scoop I was floored. And yes I waded in this spot. A good day out in the water. 67.46 grams of 14K will work for me any day!

Upvote 61
For those interested, here is what it looked like yesterday afternoon:

Thanks for the video Scuba. Man, there has to be more targets in that area after that brew ha ha!:gold-bracelet::headbang:

I always think its like someone took a jewelry store or three and dumped it in the water for you to search and find lol Good job!!!Stay safe Robert

That's incredible. That would provide a great hunting spot for a long time. There's no telling how much good jewelry is scattered through that entire area just waiting to be plucked. And it looks like perfect hunting conditions. I assume you're going to be hunting that area for a while. Be sure to keep sharing the finds with us. HH

Sweet finds, you were due.
I remember that area from last year, gimme a holler if you plan on going back out.

Very nice! Might it be possible to find a buyer that will pay more than scrap?

Incredible! Is that watch band gold too? It looks like an older watch.

It is a Citizen. I thought it was gold when I saw it. However the clasp is marked base metal as is the back. It is engraved on the back, but I suspect not.

Sweet finds, you were due.
I remember that area from last year, gimme a holler if you plan on going back out.

I go out all the time Doug. Give me a shout. My boat is in the same slip in the same marina.

Very nice! Might it be possible to find a buyer that will pay more than scrap?

Ohh yes. This will not be scrapped. I wil either find a buyer or keep it. I just posted the scrap value to show the lowest price it is worth. In fact I already have a PM to sell it. I will never scrap this kind of thing. Thanks

Ahhhh....Large gathering of adults, mix with a lot of booze, a pleasant kind of morning hangover for a detector guy.

Congrats on the great day out! That pay for a few good many tanks of air.

Congrats on the great day out! That pay for a few good many tanks of air.

It will pay my electric bill since I fill my own tanks.

Went out today to white caps on waves. Not fun. Got 16ยข before I called it quits. Wind and waves were horrible and I felt like I was in a washing machine. Hopefully it will subside soon.

Congratualtions on the huge gold score! :notworthy:

hahaah nice finds! and I was intrigued by the title :D

Nice finds Scuba. Looks like that Boat Anchor could have weighed you down bringing it in !!

the-count-of-monte-cristo-17-728.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back