Greenie
Oct 18, 2019
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Never used one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys ,

Have a question. I have a small miller table that I need to get a flow controller for. I know I can get one easily on Amazon but I am wanting one that I can use a drill battery with because I want to use it when I am at the claim camping. My buddy found someone online that makes them that he got one from but he doesn't know where the contact info is so I am trying to find someone who may build these on the side or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Upvote 0
flow, speed, mass flux, velocity, pressure .... Can you describe a tad more precisely what you want coming out of the controller? A pressure controller doesn't need any battery, and how you pipe the flow from it can dictate other dependent variables given any pressure you choose.

flow, speed, mass flux, velocity, pressure .... Can you describe a tad more precisely what you want coming out of the controller? A pressure controller doesn't need any battery, and how you pipe the flow from it can dictate other dependent variables given any pressure you choose.
Sorry about that. What I have is a small Miller table with a sump pump I believe it's an 1100 GPM. I have a ball valve on the line now but I don't want to use a ball valve instead I want to be able to dial down the flow when using the Miller table. A buddy of mine was able to get one made for him and the guy put it in a old military ammo box. The reason for the battery is so that you can run the pump and the Miller table when you're out at the claim and not have to lug around a car battery with you. It will only be used when I'm using the Miller table so it will be in small time frames so a 5 ah battery will do me just fine

Here's a picture just to give you a general idea what I'm looking for something along the line of the photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240918-202210.png
    Screenshot_20240918-202210.png
    919 KB · Views: 7
Sorry about that. What I have is a small Miller table with a sump pump I believe it's an 1100 GPM. I have a ball valve on the line now but I don't want to use a ball valve instead I want to be able to dial down the flow when using the Miller table. A buddy of mine was able to get one made for him and the guy put it in a old military ammo box. The reason for the battery is so that you can run the pump and the Miller table when you're out at the claim and not have to lug around a car battery with you. It will only be used when I'm using the Miller table so it will be in small time frames so a 5 ah battery will do me just fine
1100 GPM? I'm not going to bother to calculate the velocity of that water ....

Can't see the internals BUT it looks like he made a nice looking device ! I'd like to see a schematic on how it works or at least a picture of the internals ! BUT it is his device and may want to keep it to himself . I understand that !

use a rheostat and build your own, if you are going to carry that ammo box with you then you will not need the drill battery.Photos of the inside of my battery pack, I have terminals including a 12v plug on the outside. A rheostat can be added

Attachments

• 1726750635720.jpeg
    1726750635720.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
A Ball valve works great with a 12-volt bilge pump or a gate valve or any valve.

A Ball valve works great with a 12-volt bilge pump or a gate valve or any valve.
A ball valve in front of a flow meter will add a more repeatable setting for any set up. Just my two cents here. 🎯

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back