• DSC00635.JPG
    DSC00635.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00633.JPG
    DSC00633.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Last edited:
I don't know why You want to show up With your know it all attitude.. You make it obvious that you don't. If you want to make smug comments you should at least have the fax on your side otherwise you just look foolish . Summary_Of_North Carolina Ceramic_Artifacts.doc

You lookin to get kicked off again ? :laughing7:

I'm all for acting like adolescents...but i don't like fighting
couldn't we go back to talking about cup sizes for the rest of this thread? :dontknow:

Harry Pristis said:
I am certainly eager to see the documentation you promise. I'll bet that Native Americans never thought to suspend a clay cooking pot above the coals. A spit, a tripod . . . Nawww.

All he has to do is study indigenous pottery of North Carolina and the answers will be right in front of him. instead he wants to be smug.

Looks like your gonna have to study some indigenous NC pottery and find all the answers harry....
heck hes probably studying something right now...
maybe thats why he isnt responding...
maybe hes so smart that he isnt going to comment anymore on this thread because he would be stooping to your level

I'm going with large B cup, I have very large hands......that's what...

welp i reckon im gonna go try to kill a deer hope you boys work this out

SOHIO said:
Looks like your gonna have to study some indigenous NC pottery and find all the answers harry....
heck hes probably studying something right now...
maybe thats why he isnt responding...
maybe hes so smart that he isnt going to comment anymore on this thread because he would be stooping to your level[/QUOTE. You got it!

I just posted this in a thread a few days ago, but since we are on the topic of NC pottery this is one found that a friend gave me.

ForumRunner_20121127_144622.png

ForumRunner_20121127_144649.png

All he has to do is study indigenous pottery of North Carolina and the answers will be right in front of him. instead he wants to be smug.

Really?? That's your documentation? Here's what that gloss says:
To make a piece of pottery, the
potter would first shape the bottom of the vessel from long coils or ropes of clay, and then add other coils to build the sides of the pot.
After the pottery vessel was shaped, the potter would smooth the inside and outside surfaces with his or her fingers, or a piece of shell or stone. Smoothing the pottery helped hold the coils together. . . .

Most vessels North Carolina Indians crafted were used for cooking. Typically, foods were boiled by placing the pot directly over a fire. Thus, cooking pots were usually deep bowls or jars. The latter had pointed bases which could be placed upright in deep ash. [emphasis added]
I don't find anything in there about pots sitting directly in coals, nothing. I find nothing about green branches to brace a pot upright. I see nothing about cooking stones. "[D]irectly over a fire" indicates nothing about how the pot was supported. Ash is what's left after a fire. Ambiguous stuff.

I'm not wasting my time with you anymore. For as smart as you seem at times you amaze me with your foolishness. Have fun. You obviously have a lot of learning to do. You also changed the quote in that report to suit your fancy. Anyone who reads it will see the part that you changed.

Last edited:
It took him five minutes to find that.

We talk outside of this forum. Its not anyone's obligation to provide you anything on here. You might want to take this as a learning experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back