• image-2470893155.jpg
    image-2470893155.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 217
  • image-1469763352.jpg
    image-1469763352.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Upvote 17
I have a White's machine as well. The pinpoint mode usually gives you a depth indication as opposed to a VDI reading.... although I often get VDI readings that indicate possible coin type targets from nails that have been in the ground a while. Iron objects tend to give off a halo effect reading after being in the ground for a while and that often causes the VDI reading to false a little.

Does the arrow indicator work like it does in discriminate mode? Discriminate will have an arrow under a penny, but when I hold down for pin point the arrow always goes to the nail symbol. Kinda frustrating.

I love Indian Head Pennies, nice find!

Nice IH
Maybe when you put your machine into pinpoint mode it goes to all metal mode & there for wont give a number.
Is your machine Digital or does it have the meter w/ gauge .

You will learn Fast just keep at it.

Nice IH Maybe when you put your machine into pinpoint mode it goes to all metal mode & there for wont give a number. Is your machine Digital or does it have the meter w/ gauge . You will learn Fast just keep at it.

It's digital

Does the arrow indicator work like it does in discriminate mode? Discriminate will have an arrow under a penny, but when I hold down for pin point the arrow always goes to the nail symbol. Kinda frustrating.

Like I tell everyone on here, specially the newbies. Forget the VDI, it's a waste of time. Do what your doing, dig everything, until you KNOW what the 'sounds' are telling you. Listern more, look less.:thumbsup:

Like I tell everyone on here, specially the newbies. Forget the VDI, it's a waste of time. Do what your doing, dig everything, until you KNOW what the 'sounds' are telling you. Listern more, look less.:thumbsup:

Will do. Thanks!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back