First Silver Dollar this year!!!! ( 1899 )

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Gary and I got out today, probably be our last time for awhile. Supposed to rain and get really cold next week.

We went to an old ghost town and started hunting in the field where it once stood. Wouldn't you know it, Gary didn't even need a detector. We were walking in the field and he saw something laying in the field. He called me over and told me to look down the furrow and tell him what I saw. Well it was a 1934 Walking Half Dollar. We have hunted that field so many times you wonder how you could miss a coin like that.

We left there, I didn't find any coins at that site, but found a few shoe buckles. We then went to a old one room school house and didn't find anything there.

We then moved on down the road and we stopped at a old house site from the late 1800's that I had hunted years ago.
I just got out of the car, took about four steps and got a signal. I thought man another beer can. Well it wasn't a beer can, it was a 1899 Silver Dollar!! Talk about surprised, I was! That is only the 3rd Silver dollar I have found in the 23 years I have been hunting. I also found a Muleshoe and a Horseshoe.

Gary kept hunting and he came up with a 1857 Seated Quarter at the same site. Needless to say we will hit this site again next spring after the farmer has worked the field.

Hope you year is full of great finds also. HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• What a Beautiful Site!.jpg
    What a Beautiful Site!.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 978
  • Denny\'s 1899 Silver Dollar.jpg
    Denny\'s 1899 Silver Dollar.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 979
  • Denny With Silver Dollar.jpg
    Denny With Silver Dollar.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0
Very Sweet. Your persistence payed off. I bet you probably missed a few too. ;)

That seated quarter also is a very sweet find. Great that you both got a real nice keeper.

Bob

Holy smokes! That's a fantastic day!

Ridley

Outstanding finds guys! I love the pics of the coins in the ground, kinda makes me feel like I'm there sharing in the thrill!

Kent

Awesome finds..........ringfinder.........can you tell us the depth and how did the 250 ID it? Was it a steady ID or was it jumping around? Congrats bro. What MD'er was Gary using when he found the seated?

Great Coins and Relics!!!

Make me giggle when I see silver coming out of the ground!!!

RF....you just KNOW its gonna be a good day when you find silver jsut laying on top of the ground!!! Congrats on that silver dollar...very sweet find!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back