First real ring!!! I think...

asmerri

Mar 19, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
I hunted an old abandoned school house today and came up with this beauty. I was fully expecting a pull tab to pop out of the hole but I was pleasantly surprised. I figured it was another costume jewelry pice so I put it in my pouch and kept on going. When I got home and cleaned it up I was shocked to see a "14kt" inside the band! I believe it's 14kt white gold with emeralds and diamonds but I could be wrong. I'm going to take it to a jeweler to get checked out. What do you all think, real??? It looking like silver and saying 14k is throwing me off. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image-480710389.jpg
    image-480710389.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 463
  • image-2184214354.jpg
    image-2184214354.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 417
  • image-3040110651.jpg
    image-3040110651.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 7
I'd have to agree with Jeweler21. The E normally means electroplated, base metal might be silver though. The stones are off, and the setting isn't quite right (lack of prongs).

It's still a really great find, I would love to find something like that.

very nice! I remember my first rings!!! I'd suggest keeping it even if it's valuable. I sold one nice coin I found and have regretted it ever since!

very nice! I remember my first rings!!! I'd suggest keeping it even if it's valuable. I sold one nice coin I found and have regretted it ever since!

Oh no way! I will never sell any of my finds! I even keep the clad I find just as a future reminder as to why my back is shot when I get older:)

Wow!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Real or not it is one beauty ! Congrats
Glen

I agree, real or not, that's one sweet ring. Congrats on the nice find! :thumbsup:

Anita

I see the HGE...is that 925 stamped behind the HGE?

I see the HGE...is that 925 stamped behind the HGE?

I can't really make out what is behind the HGE. It appears to only be 2 characters long. These are the best pics I can get of it. What do you think?

Attachments

• image-3902900105.jpg
    image-3902900105.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3158759094.jpg
    image-3158759094.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image-449040059.jpg
    image-449040059.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 110
great find! might be worth a fortune:headbang:..
what are the green stones.

Well the original thought was white gold, diamonds and emeralds. It has since been discovered that there is an "HGE" immediately following the 14kt stamp. This means gold electroplated. This now puts big questions in my mind about the authenticity of the stones. Many on this thread think its real and many don't. I will be taking it to a couple jeweler to see what they might be able to tell me. Either way, I'm excited to have found it!

I've seen the initials HGE referred to as "heavy gold electroplate" and "hard gold electroplate" -- I believe it 's the former as that makes more sense to me, but does anyone know definitively? I also think rings marked HGE are generally considered costume jewelry. Still a nice find, congrats!

Whether it's real or not it's still a great find. Pretty ring!:thumbsup:

HGE is always a buzzkill I'm afraid. I would put it at the top of my junk ring pile, because, well, it really is beautiful, but not a payday I'm afraid.

You'll get it next time! I'm still searching for the precious stuff, too.

GL!

Fantastic! You're on a roll. Go get yourself another! Was the signal choppy?

looks good but it is not real 14 HGE Heavy gold electroplate and stones are glued in

I should have looked closer at the stamps before I opened my big mouth.... :BangHead: Sorry If I was misleading... :tongue3:
Keep @ it and HH !!

I should have looked closer at the stamps before I opened my big mouth.... :BangHead: Sorry If I was misleading... :tongue3:
Keep @ it and HH !!

Ha! It's no problem. You probably did the same thing I did, saw 14kt and didn't need to see anymore to verify that it was gold. Unfortunate but still a pretty ring. Maybe is silver???

Ha! It's no problem. You probably did the same thing I did, saw 14kt and didn't need to see anymore to verify that it was gold. Unfortunate but still a pretty ring. Maybe is silver???

LoL, yeah. If it was silver it should say something like 14kHGE 1/20 .925 can you see .925 on it anywhere ? Did you take it to a Jeweler, again something you'll want to verify at your Jewelers.. Those stones looked so pretty, even if it is plated you can get it re-plated and it would make a very nice ring.....

Keep @ it and HH !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back