First real ring!!! I think...

asmerri

Mar 19, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
I hunted an old abandoned school house today and came up with this beauty. I was fully expecting a pull tab to pop out of the hole but I was pleasantly surprised. I figured it was another costume jewelry pice so I put it in my pouch and kept on going. When I got home and cleaned it up I was shocked to see a "14kt" inside the band! I believe it's 14kt white gold with emeralds and diamonds but I could be wrong. I'm going to take it to a jeweler to get checked out. What do you all think, real??? It looking like silver and saying 14k is throwing me off. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image-480710389.jpg
    image-480710389.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 463
  • image-2184214354.jpg
    image-2184214354.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 417
  • image-3040110651.jpg
    image-3040110651.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 7
Holly crap !!
Seems legit.. You could have a very valuable ring !!
Take it to a few jewelers get a few opinions.
Great Job !!
Keep @ it and HH !!

Sweet Ring - Congratulations!!! :hello2:

Looks good to me that's a killer

very nice find congrats HH

Nice ! I think you have a good one - take it to more than one jeweler (3) could well be white gold .

Great ring, looks real to me!

Verdict is looking good on this ring! Thank you everyone for your replies!

asmerri said:
Verdict is looking good on this ring! Thank you everyone for your replies!

Looks real to me. Once you find a few more you won't even need to ask, you'll know. Nice find! Congrats!

A really nice ring......................................................John in Va

that;s a stunner!!! woooo! hella nice find!:occasion18:

If it is silver colored, then its white gold, and from the settings, I'd bet its pretty old, and the stones are real. Congrats on a great find.

From a blow-up of the photo, it appears to say "14K HGE" that means 14k hard gold electroplate. The green stones are too green for emeralds and the white stones aren't white enough for diamonds.

HOLY MOTHER! i bet that puppy is real, we know the gold might be real but i dont know jack about stones, you HAVE to let us know the value and if its real or not. congrats!!!:occasion14:

Last edited:
I with jeweler21 on this. The stamp does appear to say 14kt HGE
If that's the case I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its electroplated.
Hopefully I'm seeing things

From a blow-up of the photo, it appears to say "14K HGE" that means 14k hard gold electroplate. The green stones are too green for emeralds and the white stones aren't white enough for diamonds.
I think I'll have to reluctantly agree with jeweler 21 on this. It appears that there are spots where the gold electroplate is still present & others where it is worn off. But hey, a ring is a ring! I hope we're wrong & it's real!
Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back