First Hunt with the AT Max

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recieved my AT Max for Big Boys Hobbies today. I sold my AT Pro last year and have regretted it ever since. I finally got out with my friend this afternoon for a short 2 hour hunt,in a park we had hammered to death for 4-5 years. I wanted to see if the Max would find coins we had left behind with our other detectors. They say this machine goes deep,and they aren't kidding! I dug a lot of coins in areas that we thought were cleaned out. The Max even found two Merc's a 43 and a 44. To say I'm happy with this machines performance would be a understatement. I can't wait to get out again with it,in "another cleaned out site"!

Attachments

• IMG_6074.JPG
    IMG_6074.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6075.JPG
    IMG_6075.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Good question on the difference. I have always noticed when I go to one of my spots, every time I use a different machine I find different stuff. Doesn't matter which machine.

How does it differ from the ATPro?
Different frequency (13.6 kHz) and a much hotter machine! It really hits the deep coins,hard! Also the tones are more like the one's on a AT Gold. The head phones are wireless. It uses Z Link. A lot faster than blue tooth.

Last edited:
Sweet...nice hunt! I've always believed if you like your machine (whatever it may be), you're gonna find a lot of stuff! Congrats!

The operating frequency on the AT Max is better suited for coins than the operating frequency on the AT Pro. 12 kHz - 14 kHz seems to be the sweet spot for US coins IMHO.

Took my new AT Max out last week found what seems to be possible the remains of a ring of some sort. When I got the hit it was coming up silver at 10 inches but when I dug it, it was deeper than 12 inches20210308_122409.jpg

Attachments

• 20210308_122425.jpg
    20210308_122425.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • 20210308_122458.jpg
    20210308_122458.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Took my new AT Max out last week found what seems to be possible the remains of a ring of some sort. When I got the hit it was coming up silver at 10 inches but when I dug it, it was deeper than 12 inchesView attachment 1911174
It is a hot machine for sure!

I recieved my AT Max for Big Boys Hobbies today. I sold my AT Pro last year and have regretted it ever since. I finally got out with my friend this afternoon for a short 2 hour hunt,in a park we had hammered to death for 4-5 years. I wanted to see if the Max would find coins we had left behind with our other detectors. They say this machine goes deep,and they aren't kidding! I dug a lot of coins in areas that we thought were cleaned out. The Max even found two Merc's a 43 and a 44. To say I'm happy with this machines performance would be a understatement. I can't wait to get out again with it,in "another cleaned out site"!
Look at all that silver! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back