First deer shed(horns) of the season

I would love to have a deer statue made of sheds but I don't know where I'd put it!

;D my house!!

naturegirl said:
I would love to have a deer statue made of sheds but I don't know where I'd put it!

;D my house!!
;D Next time I get a whole bunch of sheds I'm sending them your way, naturegirl. You're way more talented than me anyway and would probably make something really cool out of them.
:hello:
Carmon~~

fossis said:
Thanks for sharing, do you make any crafts or things with the sheds?

Fossis...........

I used to power-carve shed antlers. Here is one that I kept. If you have some shed antlers, you might consider getting a dremel tool and giving it a try. One caution... smells like burned hair while carving them, so you're going to want to do it outside or in the garage. ;D

0114010936a.jpg

0114010935.jpg

0114010936.jpg

Squishy said:
fossis said:
Thanks for sharing, do you make any crafts or things with the sheds?

Fossis...........

I used to power-carve shed antlers. Here is one that I kept. If you have some shed antlers, you might consider getting a dremel tool and giving it a try. One caution... smells like burned hair while carving them, so you're going to want to do it outside or in the garage. ;D
I just don't have the talent to do that, Squishy....That's amazing what you did---the face is very realistic! :hello:

If and when I get back on my feet I would love to come up and help you with the hog problem. I am an avid hunter also and besides, I like pork chops! Monty

Monty said:
If and when I get back on my feet I would love to come up and help you with the hog problem. I am an avid hunter also and besides, I like pork chops! Monty
I hope your recovery is going well, Monty!
I wish I could invite you up to help cull some of these varmints out, but the people who own the land won't let anyone, but the guys who work on the ranch, hunt here. It all about the so called 'liabilty' and they are afraid of someone getting hurt on the property and suing them. If that ever changes, I will certainly let you know.
As to you liking "pork chops" :D ---I'm not sure if I would want you to eat these things! I know a lot of people do, but I've heard stories about how the wild hogs carry all kinds of diseases and are so inbred that they're not very sanitary. :dontknow:
Take care and get well soon!

Burned one of the smaller pastures near our house and here's what we found :D . Found one of Elliots horns(he was the drop tine buck from another post I did), found one of the yard-tards horns, one of Cicatriz's horns and both sheds of the Big Eight Point Buck. This is why we feed the deer! We love finding their sheds! Here's some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2122 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_2122 (640x427).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2126 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_2126 (640x427).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2128 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_2128 (640x427).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2130 (640x604).jpg
    IMG_2130 (640x604).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2131 (640x426).jpg
    IMG_2131 (640x426).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 229
I've never been to understand why someond has a problem with so much destruction and don't want anyone to help! But I understand the liability thing. I had to work my way through that when I workded for the city. The little ones are the ones that are good to eat. Down in Texas they try to kill off the breeders and the piglets because they grow into adult hood in just a few months. Monty

Monty said:
I've never been to understand why someond has a problem with so much destruction and don't want anyone to help! But I understand the liability thing. I had to work my way through that when I workded for the city. The little ones are the ones that are good to eat. Down in Texas they try to kill off the breeders and the piglets because they grow into adult hood in just a few months. Monty
We've had many people offer to help cull the hogs out, Monty---Had some guys from Hominy contact us about bringing up some cur dogs to hunt them down, but the boss man says 'No' :dontknow: .
On another note--I did some collages of our deer that we found the sheds from. Its always fun to match up the sheds with the bucks :wink: .
Take care!

Attachments

• 2010-2011 deer pics1 (640x427).jpg
    2010-2011 deer pics1 (640x427).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Big Eight Point Buck (640x427).jpg
    Big Eight Point Buck (640x427).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Elliot (640x427).jpg
    Elliot (640x427).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Yard-trd Buck  with Shed 3-9-2011 6-21-43 PM 5120x3413 (640x427).jpg
    Yard-trd Buck with Shed 3-9-2011 6-21-43 PM 5120x3413 (640x427).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 196
I think you are in Osage couinty aren't you? I have hunted deer up there and saw some really big bucks. My uncle has harvested several big deer up around the old Mulendore ranch. He is in the oil business and use to own several oil leases in Osage County. He is retired now and I love to hear his deer stories. He made a small fotune and then sold all his leases along with several he owned in Kansas just across the border. He now lives in Bartlesville and is getting up there in age. His wife's family use to run the concession up there on the lake years ago. She and my uncle an another two aunts all went to school in Pawhuska, their names are Mcnair and Hambright. My grandfather also a Mcnair use to live in Pawhuska and took care of the old electric substation. So, I have roots in that area. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back