Darkgryph

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my Fisher f2 today , read the manual and decided to head out to the yard and see what I could see. Found A LOT of junk, cans and tabs 1 zinc cent and 1 clad quarter, was just about to head in and my detector made a beep, showed foil and figured it to be another can but it was my last so I dug it ( still learning that one) and low and behold a beat up lil ring was in the dirt about 3 or 4 in down. It's marked 10k so I think it's real gold! IMG065.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Welcome to our hobby we hope that you will treat it as we all like to think we do, read your code of ethics PLEASE FILL IN YOUR HOLES!! And again welcome

I plan to (fill in every hole I dig) It's why I'm starting with my own yard. I know their are enough junk targets in it to get me to a point I can do a good hole before I go to anywhere public, And thank you for the welcome!

wow very cool find,it looks sweet. im abit jelous ur lucky.
i started with a F2 and have Always used all metal and dug almost anything,sometimes skipped solid iron signals and never found a gold ring.
i have only found lots of silver, around 140 gram of silver rings/earrings and a silver chain not counting any of my silver coins and this is my second year detecting.
Well 1 factor may be that the first year,last year was one of the worse summers in many many years with only 3-4 Days of sun so not many ppl on the beach and i didn't really know much about the beaches i Went to.
Almost only done beach detecting/a few older tot lots but this year seems to be going better as im finding alot of more stuff,just not gold :D

It's just luck really I didn't expect to find anything other than alot of trash maby a few coins and perhaps silverware. (found a silver fork diging out my garden spot here a few years back) Never even thought I would hit gold until I made it down to the local river!

Thanks everyone! I really have wanted to get into this hobby for years I can remember being a kid and wanting to get out with a detector and just see what I could find. Now that I'm here I know I'll be around a long time and want to learn as much as possible, I've always been big on history (as well as treasure stories) and really just like the hunt as far as the ring goes, heh yeah I'm hooked but really that was just dumb luck !

nice find. good to dig everything you never know what lies beneath. h.h.

Okay, here is the plan--finish your yard, then go out and detect the rest of the world!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back