Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

Attachments

• dec3.jpg
    dec3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 983
Upvote 0
todays finds!

heres what me and my bounty hunter have found lately...

Attachments

• 1966 quarter.JPG
    1966 quarter.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 490
  • assorted jewelry.JPG
    assorted jewelry.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 482
  • my humble best finds.JPG
    my humble best finds.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 476
Ramapirate said:
But I think the point that the Ace 250 Junkies (including myself) are trying to make and apparently never will completely, is that we know in our heart that an Ace 250 won't out perform a $1000 to $1500 machine. But, does a $1500 machine find 7 times more coins relics, etc than an Ace 250? The Ace 250 is going to put detectors in the hands of people that wouldn't have gotten into the hobby if they had to save up $1000 or more to get in the game.
I like Ace 250 a lot, and I think that's pretty much the way everybody that has one feels about them. Most of the guys I hunt with have way more expensive machines, but I hunt right along beside them and am perfectly content.

HH,
Ramapirate

i agree 100%. my ace does a pretty good job holding up against my gti 2500. i have found great stuff with both. if i didnt have an ace i wouldnt think you could make a machine do all that it does for $200. ;)

Well I've owned (own) an ACE 250 and have been really happy with but I think it does have limitations so I bit the bullet and just purchased a DFX, I will be able to compare the two as I hunt the same spots and see if the DFX actually helps me find more targets.

Paul
Aussie Okie

Paul, keep us posted with the comparisons between the two machines.

The ACE 250 costs 200 bones and it holds it's own.

The ACE 250 is kind of like a running back that was picked in the late Rounds of the NFL Draft that breaks out and has a 2,000-yard season. hahah (Way under-rated, but performs at a high level!)

Well said indeed, Zaweiss! That was a great analogy. I think if Garrett had known what they had there they'd have charged more for it. I guess they just base the price on the technology involved and the freqs the detector covers and how many winds on the coil. And at this point I'm way out of my realm of expertise... Ya'll could eat me alive on the technical side of Mding. Here is mding to me: Tighten strap, push button, swing, dig hole, cover hole, repeat and if it starts going nutty change the batteries.

HH,
Ramapirate

Great finds. I am looking forward to getting mine for christmas (shhhh it's a present). Going to be difficult to wait for nice days to try it out.

Nice finds

the ace 250's are good little jewelry machines!

hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back