Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

Attachments

• dec3.jpg
    dec3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 983
Upvote 0
Ricardo, this is just the beginning!! Just think of all the "bling" that has been lost in your area. Think of the local places that it could be lost and you will be on the road to THing Eden!!

very nice ricardo. beats the hell out of the .77 cents i found today! ;)

You guys with your Ace 250s are making me think about getting one. You have machines that are on the lower end of the price spectrum but you're finding great stuff. Very interesting....

Nice finds for only your second day using that machine. WTG!

TreasureTales said:
You guys with your Ace 250s are making me think about getting one. You have machines that are on the lower end of the price spectrum but you're finding great stuff. Very interesting....

Nice finds for only your second day using that machine. WTG!
I own a minelab as my primary detector and an Ace 250 that I share with my kids. The Ace 250 rocks it is a great detector.

Looking good...getting better and better. Looking forward to more posts/pics. Keep up the great work, uh fun.

;) RR

Nice finds, I can tell you one thing for sure, Your gonna love all the stuff that your ACE 250 will find. Just slow down
and really hit the signals hard. I usually run my ACE 250 in jewelry and sometimes coin mode. I also use very little sensitivity, usually around 4 notches. I also recommend you use a probe.

Some of my recent finds and my partners finds are on one of my recent posts, 3 fine ladies. I just posted today, Church finds in a muddy, muddy field. All of these finds are with our ACE 250's.

Good Luck and can't wait to see your next finds.

HH< Ringfinder

NIce.

Have used Ace 250 about 6 moths. My first detector. I hate when people says that they have this great Garrett for their children etc or keep it like second hand detector. Sure Explorer Minelabs and Whites are surely awesome detectors but 1 thing I know for sure. When I push Ace power button on, I start finding coins :) They are everywhere. In 6 months I have find about 20 rings, 6 golden. COins from 1600-2006, musketballs, pins,very old relics, jewelry, lots and lots of coins. I really dont need a another detector right now cause Ace is doing some amazing job!!!

Good finds Ricardo :)

lol...well, I have an Ace 150 (It's my first) and I've only been out like 5/6 times.
3rd time out is when I found my large cent. I found silver the first time I used it, for about an hour.
I read the post about the 250 and I wonder if I should think about getting one next spring (well, this winter)
Then I say nah, I can do with the 150 till I start "not" finding stuff or untill I find such a good deal I can't pass it!

I was telling a guy here about how much I was enjoying my Ace 250. He is in a 45 member club in S.C. and has been hunting regularly since the 1970's. He has 9 metal detectors including 3 high end detectors that he's bought in the last year. He said he was hunting with a friend of his and his friend found a man's gold ring with a diamond in it. He'd just been swinging over the spot with a much more expensive detector when the guy hit the ring with his Ace 250. He told the fellow jokingly that he must have swung around it. The guy with the Ace 250 dropped the ring on the ground and asked the other guy to see if it would beep it, it wouldn't. He had found the ring at 6 inches and the (I'm not mentioning the brand or model, but it's really popular) the other guy had missed it. The Ace 250 also beeped it on top of the ground, gold range, about 1 inch.
We don't find it all, but we are definitely finding our share.

HH,
Ramapirate
Proud Garrett Ace 250 user since August 2006 ;)

You guys and your 250's are gonna make Santa give his little digger a 'used' machine for Christmas. STOP finding so much good stuff, already!! ;) ;).

GREAT FINDS RICARDO

Roger

Ramapirate said:
I was telling a guy here about how much I was enjoying my Ace 250. He is in a 45 member club in S.C. and has been hunting regularly since the 1970's. He has 9 metal detectors including 3 high end detectors that he's bought in the last year. He said he was hunting with a friend of his and his friend found a man's gold ring with a diamond in it. He'd just been swinging over the spot with a much more expensive detector when the guy hit the ring with his Ace 250. He told the fellow jokingly that he must have swung around it. The guy with the Ace 250 dropped the ring on the ground and asked the other guy to see if it would beep it, it wouldn't. He had found the ring at 6 inches and the (I'm not mentioning the brand or model, but it's really popular) the other guy had missed it. The Ace 250 also beeped it on top of the ground, gold range, about 1 inch.
We don't find it all, but we are definitely finding our share.

HH,
Ramapirate
Proud Garrett Ace 250 user since August 2006 ;)

could it have been that the high end detector was set up with too much discrim to detect the gold ring? dont get me wrong,im not downing the ace, i own one myself and love it, but there is no way that it outperforms top end models from any of the major manufacturers. its a great detector for the money but it has its limitations. :)

But I think the point that the Ace 250 Junkies (including myself) are trying to make and apparently never will completely, is that we know in our heart that an Ace 250 won't out perform a $1000 to $1500 machine. But, does a $1500 machine find 7 times more coins relics, etc than an Ace 250? The Ace 250 is going to put detectors in the hands of people that wouldn't have gotten into the hobby if they had to save up $1000 or more to get in the game.
I like Ace 250 a lot, and I think that's pretty much the way everybody that has one feels about them. Most of the guys I hunt with have way more expensive machines, but I hunt right along beside them and am perfectly content.

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back