Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a book years ago that was written just after white contact with some Paiute indians. It was pretty interesting reading, especially how the writer took the time to document the language. Turned out to be the best documentation of the language and was studied years later after so many had forgotten.
Anyway, the main person in the book that was interviewed said their family had camped in the same spot for many generations. It dawned on me that the description of the location of that camp was on a friends farm fields!
It didn't take me long to find the exact spot, and I've been hunting it every year for about 25 years. Found some pretty nice artifacts there, and started metal detecting it a few years ago also.

Today I decided to go give it a look again. It's really gotten overgrown and not many places to swing the coil or see the ground anymore, but I rescued a few things.
IMG_7774.JPG

The cylindrical piece on the upper left is a short little pestle. The piece to the right of it is lead.
Also got a nice little Elko Eared point, some buttons and clothing rivets, a thin copper ring, an Eagle Pencil Co. Clasp eraser piece and a strange little whatzit that looks like a steering wheel.
IMG_7775.JPG
IMG_7776.JPG

Upvote 23
Nice work
Congratulations and thanks for sharing

Bought a book years ago that was written just after white contact with some Paiute indians. It was pretty interesting reading, especially how the writer took the time to document the language. Turned out to be the best documentation of the language and was studied years later after so many had forgotten.
Anyway, the main person in the book that was interviewed said their family had camped in the same spot for many generations. It dawned on me that the description of the location of that camp was on a friends farm fields!
It didn't take me long to find the exact spot, and I've been hunting it every year for about 25 years. Found some pretty nice artifacts there, and started metal detecting it a few years ago also.

Today I decided to go give it a look again. It's really gotten overgrown and not many places to swing the coil or see the ground anymore, but I rescued a few things.
View attachment 2169628

The cylindrical piece on the upper left is a short little pestle. The piece to the right of it is lead.
Also got a nice little Elko Eared point, some buttons and clothing rivets, a thin copper ring, an Eagle Pencil Co. Clasp eraser piece and a strange little whatzit that looks like a steering wheel.
View attachment 2169630View attachment 2169631Good job

Girlwitwolf welcome to treasurenet

I would think either a tie or some type of scarff would go through it

View attachment 2169628

View attachment 2169630View attachment 2169631
Very Cool!!! Like that Obsidian point:)
Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back