Years Of Experience Collecting Native American Artifacts

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 11
Please post artifacts on other threads on artifact forum, this thread is strictly for tracking the members experience.

My apologies - the photo has been removed.

vfm
No apologies needed, I moved your post to new thread titled "Double Sided Axe". Add your picture back to it there. :icon_thumleft:

Thread is for information only, trying to get total years experience of forum.

How many years experience collecting Native American artifacts do you have?

I will start off, I started collecting in 1981 when I found my first point in a corn field.

Please end post with total years.

39 years.
Starting in 1972 as a surveyor digging in bottle dumps on my lunch hr.
Then in 1978 as a Project Engineer installing bridge approaches through the Naticoke River marshes watching the grade all uncover 100s of points .
Boy wish I had that to do again.
Now living on the ancestral Susquehanna River finding great Natural rocks. Lol

I have been hunting Native American artifacts for going on 17 years. I went on my first hunt when I was 18 which is also the day I found my first projectile point. My mentor took me to several really large bluffs on the Cumberland Plateau in Middle Tennessee. Now I primarily hunt my home county of Anderson.
I lived in Oak Ridge for 20 years and hunted all over Anderson, Knox, Scott, White, Middle Tn, North Carolina and now in the Huntsville Alabama area. I found a lot of artifacts when they were building the Oak Ridge Marina! Good luck in your hunting!

I found a paddle drill in my grandparents sweetcorn patch in the 80s as a little kid. But I don't really count my years of hunting as starting til much more recently, in 2017.

7 Years of experience. My 12 year old has the same 7 years, and he knows way more than I do.

Thread is for information only, trying to get total years experience of forum.

How many years experience collecting Native American artifacts do you have?

I will start off, I started collecting in 1981 when I found my first point in a corn field.

Please end post with total years.

39 years.
I was around 8 years old, 1976. I taught my husband what I knew and he got better than me. Lol!! It's his favorite thing to do. 48 years.

My whole life I grew up around my dad who hunted fairly often. I never got into it much until around 2017 or so. I moved to Florida in 2019 and have been DEEP off in the hobby ever since. Attending and displaying at shows all across the Deep South. So I’ll say a solid 5 years from me. 5 solid years of strenuous and intense studying & research. 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back