Finally dug my 1,000th Silver coin , today....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a bass fisherman for about 40 years... That's why, I'm basssmann...

29 years ago, a friend started taking me detecting. I still did more fishing, than detecting, but, found some silver every year.

I started this week, needing 4 more Silver's to hit 1,000 , lifetime..

It was slow going, only digging 1 silver a day

# 997 was a 1928 Merc. Dime

# 998 was a 1909 Barber Dime

# 999 was a 1916 Merc. Dime ( no D )

Today, I needed 1 more for 1,000 and I didn't want it to be a Rosie (but, I would take it.. lol )

So, I went back to an old spot, where I hoped to find a Merc or Barber Dime.

First, I found 2 Indianheads stuck together, 1889 and ? .. the next target , I though was a silver dime, and out pop's a Barber quarter

# 1,000 a 1904 Barber Quarter in great condition except for stains on the face.

Just so you know, I never found more that 8 silver's in a day.. A few here and there, all add up.. ( And I still have all 1,000 silver's)

10-5.png

10-2.png

10-11.png

10-4.png

10-3.png

10-14.png

To dig 1,000 silvers, you have to dig dozen's of buckets of scrap like this one !!!

10-8.png

Upvote 63
that is a lot of silver congrats

Congratulations! I'll never reach 1000 silvers unless I find a big cache!

Fantastic #1000, Bass. That is a very nice quarter, grats!
Now go start the next 1000.
HH ALL

Very nice finds...lots of silver! :occasion14:

Congrats Bass on hitting such a significant milestone!!! :occasion14:

Steve in PA, now that I have 1,ooo, I want to go after more of the stuff "Your finding" !! 60 plus Spanish silver !!! WOW I have none and Draped and Capped bust dimes, are still on my bucketlist to find... My area is great for Barber's with over 15 % of my silver Barbers.

Very awesome milestone! Definitely shows some hard work and dedication. Nice to break 1k with the Barber quarter too!

I average about 10 silver coins a year, so I should reach 1,000 when I'm 150 years old! LOL!

Good job!!! I got a ways to go to get to 1000 Well done my Friend

thanks Tommy... A2coins... your young yet... I didn't start detecting until I was 38 years old, now , I'm 67... but, retired, so I have time.

That's a tremendous lifetime achievement Basssmann. Anyone who can reel in 1000 silvers deserves some special credit. Congratulations on this wonderful milestone.
PS- I hope you still find time for some bass fishing. Fishing for striped bass and bluefish in and around Boston harbor is my second favorite hobby. Cheers!

I think I would change my username to Chief Quicksilver. Congratulations on the 1000th.:icon_thumright:

Congratts Basssman,
Your right on the spot about having to fill a bucket to get some good stuff but man, when you do it feels good!

Congrats on the milestone Basss. I can count my silvers on one hand still lol
And to top it off what a fine example with that beauty of a Barber :icon_thumright:

You done good...REAL good!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back