Field walk today.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I was able to walk the edge of one of my timbers and the edge of a permission field (where they butt together). The black rock looked great, in situ. However, just a rock.
The lower left piece is most likely just a cool flake, but has the early-stage preform look to it. Also shown: 6 pcs of misc flint flakes.
The big one, on the right, appears to be a chunk of flint. If so, it’s the largest I’ve found. An OK day, just waiting for the flooded creek to drop.

IMG_3138.jpeg
IMG_3139.jpeg

Upvote 5
I was able to walk the edge of one of my timbers and the edge of a permission field (where they butt together). The black rock looked great, in situ. However, just a rock.
The lower left piece is most likely just a cool flake, but has the early-stage preform look to it. Also shown: 6 pcs of misc flint flakes.
The big one, on the right, appears to be a chunk of flint. If so, it’s the largest I’ve found. An OK day, just waiting for the flooded creek to drop.

View attachment 2152421View attachment 2152423
That is a big chunk. You'd think they could have gotten some more goody out of it. Or lost it one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back