rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a few to share as you can see outside the door Im making a mess removing my back deck. Rained out today but will get it finished soon I hope. But here are a few finds from this year so far. One nice dart point Colbert Dalton I was told at the last show. I did find a rough Hoe made out of Rhyolite Found in a creek I have had permission on for the last 3 years. Water worn some tried to get the best pics I could of it. North Georgia, rock

Attachments

• SDC13628.JPG
    SDC13628.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • SDC13610.JPG
    SDC13610.JPG
    827 KB · Views: 71
  • SDC13612.JPG
    SDC13612.JPG
    682.5 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC13626.JPG
    SDC13626.JPG
    993.4 KB · Views: 66
  • SDC13622.JPG
    SDC13622.JPG
    733.6 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Is the one in your hand the Colbert Rock? The reason I ask I have several just like it but never really put an I.D to them. I have a serrated Colbert I did get on I.d on.
Glad to see you finding things between the deck construction!

Some pretty nice finds, wish there was more of that kind of material around here....
Are you good at framing? Or is that why your decks a mess

Looks like you have been holding out on us. Those are some pretty nice finds. :thumbsup: Good to see you back. :occasion14:

You've been busy Rock,sure like that Dalton. What is that little thing to left of that nice piece of pottery?

Great artifacts. That Colbert Dalton is beautiful. You say that’s a dart point? It looks like a deadly big game spear point to me.

About the black lithic, it’s well represented in that group, so I’m guessing you find that material a lot.

Nice hunt.

Great looking finds. Nice big Hoe.

Thanks I actually found it one day and left it on the bank cause I wasnt sure if it was a artifact or not and on the next trip out after it dried out I walked up on it and knew it was something then. They always look different when wet, dry usually you can tell for sure. Some of my friends call them Ax Heads but to me they are either Hoes or Adze Blades. I cant see the material holding up for an AX. Might hold up for digging but not on wood imo.

Is the one in your hand the Colbert Rock? The reason I ask I have several just like it but never really put an I.D to them. I have a serrated Colbert I did get on I.d on.
Glad to see you finding things between the deck construction!

Thats what I was told it has some grinding along the edges and a small flute probably was larger in the past but I will take them as I find them, thanks

Nice finds , I really like that big knife in 2nd pic below the pottery that thing looks nice

It is probably one of the nicest Blades/ Knifes I have ever found its a Adena and I have gone back many times in that spot to look for another but nothing yet maybe after the recent flood goes back down another will be waiting on me.

Attachments

• SDC13594.JPG
    SDC13594.JPG
    869.9 KB · Views: 47
Some pretty nice finds, wish there was more of that kind of material around here....
Are you good at framing? Or is that why your decks a mess

Im not good at it the last owner put it in did a over kill on the wood and placed it straight on the ground which is a bad thing. Its rotted underneath with all of the rain and it is attracting wood eating bugs like the ants we have. Lots of bugs here eat wood even a bee type that drill holes. There are actually earth worms in the wood as I am pulling it up. He put double the wood as a normal deck and its hard to get rid of but I will.

Looks like you have been holding out on us. Those are some pretty nice finds. :thumbsup: Good to see you back. :occasion14:

Ive been looking but most finds are 1 at a time so I figured a multi post is better. You know I have found others that arent posted but most of them are flake knifes and I put them in a bowl I have 2 big bowls full of those types. If I find a killer you will know it.

You've been busy Rock,sure like that Dalton. What is that little thing to left of that nice piece of pottery?

Well there is a section I have been finding some strange things like a polished stone, that little blue rock and last week a pottery game piece. I feel like they are all related in some way so I keep them. Its a Adena site and I like to keep all things when Im looking even if some dont think they are artifacts always. But its strange I find them in the same section. Here is a pic of the items all found in the same place.

Attachments

• SDC13632.JPG
    SDC13632.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 48
Great artifacts. That Colbert Dalton is beautiful. You say that’s a dart point? It looks like a deadly big game spear point to me.

About the black lithic, it’s well represented in that group, so I’m guessing you find that material a lot.

Nice hunt.

Yes I find a lot of the black but Im glad I do cause its one of my favorite colors to find. Here is a nice Adena from the frame its been an Adena year so far.

Attachments

• SDC13634.JPG
    SDC13634.JPG
    792.2 KB · Views: 61
Lots of great finds Rock, the hoe is really cool and of course that black one you are holding is killer

Thanks here is a little Adena point you might like the color Im in a Adena site. In May I get permission to another property I hope to find some killer points there.The knife might be Archaic

Attachments

• SDC13638.JPG
    SDC13638.JPG
    855.3 KB · Views: 65
  • SDC13642.JPG
    SDC13642.JPG
    894.5 KB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back