Early Colonial site relic,much speculation..Anybody?

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found a few of these over the years..Always on early Colonial poor Cellar hole sites..

They have been called Carriage wagon pieces,umbrella relics,Parasol relic..I imagine it to be just to large for and umbrella,although most i found are much smaller than this one..Hoping to get a positive ID..
I took detailed pics notice a V notch for it to lock in..The center is fine-grooved like a spline.And this one had some gilt on it???

Thanks for looking

~Blaze~

Attachments

• unknown relic 001.jpg
    unknown relic 001.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 135
  • unknown relic 002.jpg
    unknown relic 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 119
  • unknown relic 003.jpg
    unknown relic 003.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 127
  • unknown relic 004.jpg
    unknown relic 004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 131
  • unknown relic 005.jpg
    unknown relic 005.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 116
Thanks everyone i had to do this thread because of a troll thats been jacking my threads for years..
I had to prove the point that 2 things can look similar and be used in different places..Bridal Rosettes generally have a nipple in the middle..
He took the bait and thought he was absolutely right when i proved him wrong...Schooled:headbang:

~Blaze~

Attachments

• lead item 005.jpg
    lead item 005.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 63
  • lead item 004.jpg
    lead item 004.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 58
  • lead item 003.jpg
    lead item 003.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 54
  • lead item 001.jpg
    lead item 001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 59
  • troll 001.jpg
    troll 001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone i had to do this thread because of a troll thats been jacking my threads for years..
I had to prove the point that 2 things can look similar and be used in different places..Bridal Rosettes generally have a nipple in the middle..
He took the bait and thought he was absolutely right when i proved him wrong...Schooled:headbang:

~Blaze~

dude your the only denying troll here , look very close to the back of your rosette it still has the mark in the lead where the "wire" attachment went into the lead and not fastened like you posted . get a clue "peach"

Attachments

• johnny's rosette back.jpg
    johnny's rosette back.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 39
  • horse rosette wire.jpg
    horse rosette wire.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 0

~Blaze~

If you stated this tread just to bait a troll thats is wrong, read the rules .I have spent my time tried to help you ID SOMETHING YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT,DONT EXPECT MY HELP ANY MORE.I dont post here often but I have been metal detecting 50 yrs or so now. Hope I am not the troll you are talking about .
So what is it ? Cap is out .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back