Drivers License SC

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
I went out to a new site where an old house was at one time. Don't know anything about the place yet. However I found a folded piece of copper/brass maybe. Don't know. Anyway. I had no clue what it was. I got back to work and showed it to my Sup. he says it's a drivers license. I called BS on that. He pulled out his phone and sure enough there is the pic.
I never knew they were made like this. HH William. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424632840.827513.jpg

Upvote 12
very cool find

Obviously pre-WW2, after which all brass was scarfed up for war effort! Really cool find, Sub8-)

Thats a really cool find and the first one of those I have seen .. Congrats !!

I found one last year in a house I bought to remodel. On the back its stamped with more info. My says WM BRN BRN 143 5-9....etc. Mine was the former owner of the house and expired June 30 1953

I want one of those, sweet find!!

cool!, any idea if ya can track down an owner?

Congratulations on the very interesting find!

Ie never seen one of those before. Very cool

at least it wasn't one of those tags that were left by a fellow forum member! Wish I could find that thread, but it was an amusing one a couple years ago!

Good find, those are getting rare. The newest one I have is from the mid 50's. Tony

Very cool find. I was unaware that SC made them like that. You learn something new every day. GL&HH.

Just when I thought I seen everything, ha lol.
Nice find

leaving "I was here " tokens by other detectorists is just un cool. I hear the "Diggers" do it. Just uncool.

I have never seen a drivers license like that before. Great find. I would go knock on the address give to see if a relative lived there. It might be a nice momento of a grandmother/other relative.

That is so cool!!!! I was born in Sumter, SC! It's possible that it's supposed to say Hasel Street instead of Hazel.

Last edited:
I like that a lot! Never knew they were made like that either. NOW I have to add one to my wish list. Great find.

i dug a similar item in december, a 1924 CITY OF KINGSTON (ONTARIO CANADA) LICENSED DRIVER with a 4 digit number. made of brass with some remaining orange enamel. sorry I deleted my photos when the item was sold. dug from the neighbors' yard in Port Ewen, ny. sold it on Ebay for $10. web site "chauffeur badges. com" has identical item posted. go to site and likely your item will be listed with a photo. the site has samples from most states. nice save, they are collectible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back