Draped Bust Half Cent

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I searched a large open field for a couple hours yesterday. Like a needle in a haystack, I found this Draped Bust Half Cent. It is in rough shape after spending about 200 years in the soil, but at least I got an ID. There is no date visible, but I know these were minted from 1800-1808. The ground was very noisy with bits of metal, but no other keepers. Thanks and good luck out there.
IMG_7627.jpeg
IMG_7624.jpeg

Upvote 37
I searched a large open field for a couple hours yesterday. Like a needle in a haystack, I found this Draped Bust Half Cent. It is in rough shape after spending about 200 years in the soil, but at least I got an ID. There is no date visible, but I know these were minted from 1800-1808. The ground was very noisy with bits of metal, but no other keepers. Thanks and good luck out there.View attachment 2165641View attachment 2165642
Awesome coin. Congrats

That's a super nice find! Not bad shape given its prolonged dirt nap. Congrats!
Thanks! The reverse is gone, but the portrait was unmistakable right out of the hole. Half cents are a very rare find for me, so I won’t be too fussy. Good luck out there. Hopefully some cooler days are coming to our area soon.

Thanks! The reverse is gone, but the portrait was unmistakable right out of the hole. Half cents are a very rare find for me, so I won’t be too fussy. Good luck out there. Hopefully some cooler days are coming to our area soon.
Amen to cooler days! I've never found a half cent. Very jealous of your find. Well done. Hopefully we get some decent detecting weather this Fall.

I searched a large open field for a couple hours yesterday. Like a needle in a haystack, I found this Draped Bust Half Cent. It is in rough shape after spending about 200 years in the soil, but at least I got an ID. There is no date visible, but I know these were minted from 1800-1808. The ground was very noisy with bits of metal, but no other keepers. Thanks and good luck out there.View attachment 2165641View attachment 2165642
It's always fun to find Draped Bust coins. Like the book, maybe there are some more "Little Half Sisters". Congrats!

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back