Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stop using QR codes. - Explained in 2 minutes.​

Think QR codes are just convenient shortcuts? Think again. In this video, we dive into the dark side of those seemingly innocent squares. You’ll see how a simple scan can open the door to a world of trouble—from malware invading your phone to hackers spying on you through your camera and stealing your personal information. Learn why even the most trustworthy-looking QR codes can’t be trusted and why you might want to think twice before you scan. The moral of the story? Don’t use QR codes. Period. No exceptions.

Don't even know how to scan one. Sometimes it pays to be intentionally technically illiterate ...
moose.gif

I have this aversion to almost Anything New !

Hated Cassette Tapes when they Replaced 8 tracks.
Hated cd's when they Replaced Cassettes
Hated Discs when they Replaced VHS
hated cell phones for a long time.
Still Hate Those Rectangular phones when they replaced 90 % Of Flip Phones.

hate lap tops

took me a while to accept a plastic bank card

and yes the second I saw a QR Code, I was in Hate !
& thought WTF !

Hated MS when it Replaced MRS & MISS
Hate Pronouns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!with a Passion

I'm sure I Could go On if I Could Think of Other New Things
they pushed on us :coffee2:

Last edited:
QR codes are usually websites. So it’s the same advice as always — don’t visit websites you don’t trust, don’t click on suspicious links, don’t click links in email, etc. using a QR code opens a link. If it’s something you trust (for example, a code in a product you just bought that needs activation), then it’s probably OK. But random QR codes on parking meters? Yeah, that’s a bit sketchy.

... random QR codes on parking meters? Yeah, that’s a bit sketchy.

It's an increasingly common way of paying for parking in the UK. The trouble is, you have no easy way of knowing whether the code is an authentic one that connects you to the payment system for the owner of the site, or will link you to a scammer's (temporary) website where they can take your money.

Anyone using this payment system needs to check whether the code is on a sticker or actually an integral part of the printed metal signage itself.

Last edited:

hate lap tops

& thought WTF !

But you gotta love the comeback of Vinyl LP rock and roll albums! Best fidelity you can get for great rock and roll played on a 1970's - 1980's stereo receiver or amp!

"comeback" :dontknow:

The new dawn... a brave new world
All you phone freaks who use phones and electronic payments will one realize the truths.. problems... exploits... vulnerabilities and over all downsides to a direction.
Mostly most will experience the fallouts of the electronic payment scheme that is being cleverly and constantly designed to slowly control through vulnerabilities which can and will be exploited into trying to obtain control over your individual power of money.
For the consensus seems to be...
A cashless person is a weak person.
A cashless society are sheep awaiting herding by external controls.
A person who relies on electronics to function shall be functionless without something as simple as electricity let alone a connection.... and a secure connection at that.
Numbers on a screen are only real and available... when permitted access by something other than you.
Those same numbers are able to be changed by anyone who also can.

Shall i continue ?
Stand up for your right to bear currency... one of our last true freedoms is the ability to hold onto ones own earnings as one see's fit.
Cash is... and always will be king in every circumstance that can arise.
You hold it... and can only be taken by force.
Not by a keystroke.

So... what shall it be then ? ? ?
Riding life out like a King... or a Clown ?
Choice is yours now... exercise it and protect it.

Dont get me wrong... there are uses for both electronic and physical payment.
But the data miners are keeping watch over you and what you do... every second of everyday.

Got a pain ? They know... and will try to advertise to you a cure.
You access your account(s) frequently electronically ?
It only takes once for someone else to do so to make your life a living hell.
Eventually .. if not increasingly and commonly... every single one will fall for / victim to the increasingly breeding electronic traps out there beings you cannot navigate them all forever / and always be "secure" every time you swipe or click.

The goal of each of us is security....
And the goals of the unscrupulous is to breach it.

It's an increasingly common way of paying for parking in the UK. The trouble is, you have no easy way of knowing whether the code is an authentic one that connects you to the payment system for the owner of the site, or will link you to a scammer's (temporary) website where they can take your money.

Anyone using this payment system needs to check whether the code is on a sticker or actually an integral part of the printed metal signage itself.

PS: In addition, you will then usually have to contest a 'Parking Charge Notice' (a 'fine' in all but name, which can be substantial) from the owner of the parking space for non-payment.

hate lap tops

& thought WTF !

Bet you hated toilet paper,
What was wrong with corn cobs?

ARC... says:
"Shall i continue ?
Stand up for your right to bear currency... one of our last true freedoms is the ability to hold onto ones own earnings as one see's fit.
Cash is... and always will be king in every circumstance that can arise.
You hold it... and can only be taken by force.
Not by a keystroke."

Absolutely true. I always have what I call some walking cash on me. If I see something I want that's for sale or offered to me I want cash on me. It came in real handy when in Mich. once about 5 years ago. My stepson, his son and myself were coming home from Kalamazoo to Ostego. There sat a beautiful red T-top 70 something Camaro by the road for sale. $5000 or Best Offer. Andy my stepson said I want that car. I asked if he had the money.... yes he said but in the bank. He asked me to buy it and he'd go to bank asap. He already knew how I rolled 99% of time. We pulled in and some type of business man in a suit was talking to the owner by the car and his vet. We were walking around it and heard this suited guy tell the owner he'd give him $4500 cash right now. I spoke right up and said I'll pay ya $5000 cash right now and not a penny more. The suited up guy just laughed and said $5100 cash. I looked at Andy and he shook his head no. We were headed back to my Cobalt when I heard him say I'll be right back I have to go to the bank. I turned around and asked about his $5100 cash offer. He said "I will when I get back". I asked the owner if he had title on him I'd give him $5000 right now. He said he did and showed me. Mr. business guy couldn't believe it when a older guy in jeans, tee shirt peeled of 50 $100 bills and had a lot leftover. He said he really wanted it for his son.... I said me too. And it was a Sunday afternoon so what bank was he going to.... CASH IS KING 100% OF TIME.... AGREED...!

I always try to pay cash when purchasing in person.

I only Pay Cash for Gas because of Skimmers.
even if the place is Busy.

I also refuse to use money machines and go directly to a live person at the bank for cash refills for the same reason.

I do pay my utility bills & Ebay purchases online
but check my bank info daily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back