212.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20240810_183627559_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240810_183627559_MP.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 16
I see a match safe, nice lock as well.
Congrats on the old dog!

Here's a write up on the bottle

Chicago-based entrepreneur Douglas Smith started Liquozone in 1898 and began marketing the product as a cure for all germ related illnesses. People at this time period were worried about diseases being caused by microorganisms. This creature with the mysterious and unpleasant attributes became the leading topic of the time so it was easy for quack medicine makers to grab at the golden opportunity. Liquozone not being an exception.

Liquozone was invented to cure: Asthma, Gallstones, Abscess‑Anemia, Goiter‑Gout, Bronchitis, Hay Fever Influenza, Blood Poison Bowel Troubles Coughs- Colds, Malaria- Neuralgia, Consumption, Piles- Quinsy, Contagious Diseases Rheumatism, Cancer Dysentery- Diarrhea, Skin Diseases, Dyspepsia- Dandruff, Tuberculosis, Eczema - Erysipelas, Tumors‑Ulcers, Fevers, Throat Troubles

"Liquozone is liquid oxygen‑that is all.” Was the ad line for this patent medicine. That would be a miracle if it were true. Liquid oxygen doesn’t exist above a temperature of 229 degrees below zero. One spoonful would freeze a man’s tongue, teeth, and throat before he ever had time to swallow. If he could have managed to get it down, the undertaker would have to put him on the stove to thaw him out sufficiently for a respectable burial. If it were really all liquid-oxygen it would kill germs and the patient too.
Yet the Liquozone Company is not a patent medicine concern. We have their word for it:
"We wish to state at the start that we are not patent medicine men, and their methods will not be employed by us. . . . Liquozone is too important a product for quackery."

Real Ingredients:
SULPHURIC ACID ......................About nine-tenths of one percent.
SULPHUROUS ACID ..................About three-tenths of one percent.
WATER ........................................ Nearly ninety‑nine percent.

Had a good couple hunts yesterday. I'd love to know more about the lion!! I'm guessing the military button is civilian because it faces right and is a little flatter??? Have a good rest of your weekend!!
sweet dog tag, love that one

Had a good couple hunts yesterday. I'd love to know more about the lion!! I'm guessing the military button is civilian because it faces right and is a little flatter??? Have a good rest of your weekend!!
While not an exact match it’s pretty close. I’ll let the buttons experts correct me. It mentions many variants, so assuming yours is likely one of them.

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpeg
    IMG_3159.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3160.jpeg
    IMG_3160.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
I see a match safe, nice lock as well.
Congrats on the old dog!

Here's a write up on the bottle

Chicago-based entrepreneur Douglas Smith started Liquozone in 1898 and began marketing the product as a cure for all germ related illnesses. People at this time period were worried about diseases being caused by microorganisms. This creature with the mysterious and unpleasant attributes became the leading topic of the time so it was easy for quack medicine makers to grab at the golden opportunity. Liquozone not being an exception.

Liquozone was invented to cure: Asthma, Gallstones, Abscess‑Anemia, Goiter‑Gout, Bronchitis, Hay Fever Influenza, Blood Poison Bowel Troubles Coughs- Colds, Malaria- Neuralgia, Consumption, Piles- Quinsy, Contagious Diseases Rheumatism, Cancer Dysentery- Diarrhea, Skin Diseases, Dyspepsia- Dandruff, Tuberculosis, Eczema - Erysipelas, Tumors‑Ulcers, Fevers, Throat Troubles

"Liquozone is liquid oxygen‑that is all.” Was the ad line for this patent medicine. That would be a miracle if it were true. Liquid oxygen doesn’t exist above a temperature of 229 degrees below zero. One spoonful would freeze a man’s tongue, teeth, and throat before he ever had time to swallow. If he could have managed to get it down, the undertaker would have to put him on the stove to thaw him out sufficiently for a respectable burial. If it were really all liquid-oxygen it would kill germs and the patient too.
Yet the Liquozone Company is not a patent medicine concern. We have their word for it:
"We wish to state at the start that we are not patent medicine men, and their methods will not be employed by us. . . . Liquozone is too important a product for quackery."

Real Ingredients:
SULPHURIC ACID ......................About nine-tenths of one percent.
SULPHUROUS ACID ..................About three-tenths of one percent.
WATER ........................................ Nearly ninety‑nine percent.
Thank you for the write up on the bottle. I have found quite a few up here and have always wondered about what they were for! 99 percent water:)

Congrats on the great finds !

What a great looking old Dog Tax Tag !
I really like finding them - found four or five from the 1930's - my oldest is 1918.
I love them. This one is going back to the land owners. They are good friends!! But I got a picture with my others!! I've sold off quite a few newer and ones from other locations. I had a Chicago one that looked like a bulldog that I should of kept!

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_094137004_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240811_094137004_MP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
While not an exact match it’s pretty close. I’ll let the buttons experts correct me. It mentions many variants, so assuming yours is likely one of them.
I appreciate the book reference!!! Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_094247025_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240811_094247025_MP.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I love them. This one is going back to the land owners. They are good friends!! But I got a picture with my others!! I've sold off quite a few newer and ones from other locations. I had a Chicago one that looked like a bulldog that I should of kept!
Very nice old Dog Tags !
Don't know if you've seen this TNet thread or not - tons of old Dog Tags.

Good Hunting !

Very nice old Dog Tags !
Don't know if you've seen this TNet thread or not - tons of old Dog Tags.

Good Hunting !
Thanks, love that thread, one of my favorites. I have my old tags posted on their. Niel is a great guy!! He collects the 123 tags. This is one of them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back