Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went and toured Chimney Rock again. (I get in for free.) Great place, and a place to wonder about why they just all left.
9-11aaaaa.jpg
9-11bbbb.jpg
9-11dd.jpg
9-11ee.jpg
9-11eee.jpg

I thought I heard something about a handed down oral history of a ruling family that came to power long ago became more demanding over the amount of grain to be offered as a collective effort they practiced many years ago. The smaller families all just said to heck with that ruling family over their demands and they all went off to deal individually or in smaller groups with each owns mean of survival and livelihood and left. Something like to hell with the ideas of big government took place and it all came to an end.

I thought I heard something about a handed down oral history of a ruling family that came to power long ago became more demanding over the amount of grain to be offered as a collective effort they practiced many years ago. The smaller families all just said to heck with that ruling family over their demands and they all went off to deal individually or in smaller groups with each owns mean of survival and livelihood and left. Something like to hell with the ideas of big government took place and it all came to an end.
Good for them

Looks like a great place to visit. Interesting background stories. Thanks!

A really good book about that region is 'People of the Moon', by W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear, a couple of archaeologists. Couple of my favorite authors, and they have a whole series of books about pre-historic North America. This book deals with the collapse of the northern Chacoan culture around Chimney Rock. The book is fiction, but they work from historical fact and research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back