ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out for a dive yesterday with Eric and Ed. Nothing great but a few strange finds.

The aluminum Breath Perfume label and the blue Mazon bottle were the strangest.

Mazon was a medicine bottle

https://www.rubylane.com/item/34499-CCKx20-x20205/Mazon-Cobalt-Glass-Jar-Medicine-Bottle

A few new coins and bullets and 45 shells from 1918

And one junk earring and a silver ring were the rest of my finds

After I dropped them off, I took the boat out to the party spot for a little while. Nothing great, junk, change and a skull and crossbones earring.

Then today back to the river with Kevin. I played with a few bell tones today. Got some interesting finds. The best was the half of a back from Highland Park State Bank. Highland Park Michigan. Picture of the bank embossed on it and at one time was a quality piece. It has teeth where you put the money in:

Got a Red Fox beer can which would have been worth money in better condition it looks like

Red Fox Beer Can from Best Brewing Corp.

And a 12oz Deans Chocolate Drink can. No idea when it was made

A 1938 Washington, a WW2 dog tag, hat pin, brass ring and crucifix were my other finds.

After getting out and getting dressed, I noticed I missed another call. Called them back and they had lost an expensive pair of glasses at a marina that was on the way home. Got there and found them in less than 2 minutes. Another satisfied customer and 80.00 to add to today's total.

Upvote 24
diver.gif
Nice finds ScubaDetector! Always amazes me what you find. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks VPNavy. Going to attempt to find the family of the navy dog tag. Hopefully Angelo's Angels will help.

Congratualtions on the nice hunt and glasses recovery! :occasion14:

Congrats Scuba, on what looks like a great couple days worth of diving. Never heard of Red Fox beer, interesting! Really cool that you can use your hobby to make some $$$ and also make people happy to get their stuff back. I know that "sinking?" feeling watching something valuable disappear out of sight while swimming or boating. Cool post, she looks really happy!! Ddf.

Great couple of days of diving with some real nice rewards. Congrats.

I had a Red Fox beer can (the red one) in the 1970s. It was found in an old attic, and was in great shape, and everyone used to offer me money for it. It was the only like it, any of us had ever seen.

Ah, the memories...

Well done SD!

I had a Red Fox beer can (the red one) in the 1970s. It was found in an old attic, and was in great shape, and everyone used to offer me money for it. It was the only like it, any of us had ever seen.

Ah, the memories...

Well done SD!

This one is supposed to be red!! Me thinks it has been drowned just a wee bit too long.

Great to see you are back in the water.
Congrats on some cool finds and the save on the sunglasses. Keep those pictures coming.

you find some awesome stuff plus making people happy. a little cash is bonus cash.

ScubaDetector is one of my favorite posters - always interesting. Methinks I could make use of that skull & crossbones earring, mate! :skullflag:

I just started diving, hope to be able to find some of the stuff you do one day.

Got another call today. I phone in a boat slip. Got it in less than a minute. Another happy customer. I love this hobby!!

Got another call today. I phone in a boat slip. Got it in less than a minute. Another happy customer. I love this hobby!!
So once you get a call and get out there do you poke around on the bottom a little extra for some opportunistic finds?

So once you get a call and get out there do you poke around on the bottom a little extra for some opportunistic finds?

Sometimes. When it is as cold as it was today I was in and out in a flash!!

Family of the veteran has been found by Angelo's Angels. I just talked to a daughter in Wisconsin. A daughter in Michigan will be calling me back. He lived in Detroit for a while.

I will be sending it to the family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back