DFXonly hunt and other recent finds

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Here are my finds from my last three outings. I spent Friday with a bunch of DFX owners at a boyscout camp hunt here in Ohio. I managed to find one Merc and one wheat penny. I was under the weather and there was lot’s of competition. I think I let the competition mess with my psyche a little and got discouraged. I like hunting with a group but when everywhere you go there are two or three people hunting and you are walking over dug spots everywhere… Last year’s hunt was a good size. This year it might have been a little too many. The finds were good – just not enough to go around.

Some of us met at the Trolley Diner:

TrolleyDiner.jpg

Getting ready to head out:

Gettingready.jpg

Zoso hunting a trail:

Zoso.jpg

My finds:

Mckinleytotals800.jpg

Mergedtwocoins.jpg

Thanks Don and Steve for another successful hunt. It takes a lot of time and effort.

Other stuff:

The silver ring I found at the bottom of a ravine with a lot of old bottles. Most likely dates to early to mid 1900’s ?

Ringbefore.jpg

Ringafter.jpg

Saturday Nate and I went to the ‘berg. Nate smoked me on silver but at least I found a few wheat pennies(66 actually). :)

Wheats-1.jpg

Bob

Upvote 0
Nana40 said:
So you decided not to use the MXT? Was it this hunt you were planning on using it? You found some great stuff whatever you used! Great silver ring!

Congrats on all those finds!

Nana :)

Hey Nana. I did use the MXT for the "DFXonly" hunt. ;D For woods hunting I was planning on digging everything so I wanted the simplicity. A few places I had to turn the gain down but it seemed like a good machine. I was hoping to get in a few days "practice" before the big hunt but the snow prevented me. :P So that was my first outing with the machine.

Bob

Denny(ringfinder),
Thanks for the info on the competition hunts and the event in Shreve. I PMed you. Maybe Nate and I can make the event for a day or two. At the least it would be cool to meet you.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back