tinner

Sep 29, 2021
north west U.S.
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
garrett 400
Hello everyone,
I'm considering a Deus 2. I've been using a Minelab 800 for several years now and want to upgrade. I tried a 900 but didn't at all like the way the target ID bounced all over the place compared to the 800. I'm wondering if the Deus 2 does the same thing and also how it might compare with the Manticore which i'm also considering .
Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!!

Upvote 2
Hello everyone,
I'm considering a Deus 2. I've been using a Minelab 800 for several years now and want to upgrade. I tried a 900 but didn't at all like the way the target ID bounced all over the place compared to the 800. I'm wondering if the Deus 2 does the same thing and also how it might compare with the Manticore which i'm also considering .
Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!!
I've been with the Deus 2 for awhile now. I really got used to it. The big problem is that I have to go over all of my old sites and pick up what I missed with all the other detectors! I usually use it wide open and go really slow in a circular motion in high iron areas. It's a really fun detector

Last edited:
The D2 will bounce too, as many others with a long numbering system. I actually find that useful as many good target don't bounce. I find it curious that Bucket Lister liked the "completely wireless" D2 system as being easier. I found it annoying when it came to water hunting. You then had to add a hokey wire setup to get it to work. Also, the coil batteries don't have the greatest life. If you hunt all day, better bring a charger with you. The octopus charging cable for all three components is more of a pain to me than the Minelab idea. Coils are more expensive on the D2 compared with Equinox and Manticore, and there are more options with the Minelab detectors. Don't even get me started on that goofy menu tree.
I jump back and forth… but mostly the Minelabs

Thanks Cudamark, are you familier with the Manticore? If so is the Menu configuration anything like the Equinox?
The menu on the Manticore is easier to navigate than the Nox 900.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back