Deus 2 can be operated to be a better monster around and in iron - HOW?

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ColonelDan

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The key to this program, as I see it, is the Disc at 0 and the notch at something 10 or a bit less. I've been running this set up for about a year or more on the beach.....modified beach sensitive program. It works very well as it notches out the iron while zeroing in on the good targets. I also set my silencer at 1.
TNSS clearly shows that this set up works very well for relic hunting also. :icon_thumright:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT POSTS COLONELDAN and TNSHARPSHOOTER and THANKS :)

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key to this program, as I see it, is the Disc at 0 and the notch at something 10 or a bit less. I've been running this set up for about a year or more on the beach.....modified beach sensitive program. It works very well as it notches out the iron while zeroing in on the good targets. I also set my silencer at 1.
TNSS clearly shows that this set up works very well for relic hunting also. :icon_thumright:

Notch must allow number 1 open with silencer at 1.
Notch must allow both 1-2 open with silencer at 2.
One must notch out iron range ex. 02-07. Or 03-07 depending on silencer setting.
One can run top notch number higher. For select digging.
If one also notch’s out numbers 08 and 09 detector will run quieter.
However I will remind folks some iron and nonferrous unmasking scenarios giving 08 and 09 in meter can be masked nonferrous target.

Cheers.

ColonelDan

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
TNSS, I liked your videos on Bird Dog. I'll give your settings a try on the beach next week. What I liked most about your videos, you actually tested those settings in dirt rather than just air.
I have been using notch 0-10 because we have very little iron on the beach compared to the dirt. In any case, I liked the demonstrated results of 2-7 notch.
I'll let you know how it worked on the beach.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck Dan and please keep us posted

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video showing a more restrictive use of bird dog yet it can alert user on some situations unlike running conventional disc 6.8 can.

ColonelDan

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I took TNSS's Bird Dog to Cocoa Beach today. I was using Beach Sensitive as the base program and used the following Bird Dog settings: Disc = 0.0, Notch = 02-07, Silencer = 1...along with my standard settings for our beaches...Sensitivity = 93, Salt Sensitivity = 7, iron volume = 0, threshold = 0.

As I anticipated, our beaches are not a worthy test for the Bird Dog since we have virtually very little to no iron contamination on a normal day. Our nemesis is aluminum of all sorts and bottle caps! Given those circumstances, I couldn't really test the Bird Dog as it deserves. Having said that, I see real value in these settings and will save them for special occasions....post hurricane beach hunting. After every hurricane or major storm, we have an influx of scrap iron from a variety of sources....either washed up or uncovered. Sources like off shore trash, rebar from damaged seawalls or houses and even some shipwrecks...modern and otherwise. Now if I'm hunting the Treasure Coast, I'll dig everything...to include iron as many nice artifacts are composed of iron.

One target I should mention....I got an interesting signal that registered a 9 on the VDI scale. I decided to dig it based on TNSS' post about non ferrous might register 8 or 9 in this Bird Dog program. After about 2 scoops deep, I had a rusty bobbi pin in my hand! I think next time out, and only for our beaches, I may extend the Bird Dog notch from 02-10 just to see how that behaves. More on that later.

Bottom line: It's my opinion that TNSS has given land hunters in particular, a valuable unmasking tool and I encourage that they give these settings a try if iron masking creates problems for you.

Good job TNSS!! :icon_thumright: :occasion14:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line: It's my opinion that TNSS has given land hunters in particular, a valuable unmasking tool and I encourage that they give these settings a try if iron masking creates problems for you.
I'm definitely going to give it a try the next time I have some daylight available. My yard is thoroughly infested with iron. (Of course there may not be anything out there but iron...)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great report ColonelDan :) Thank you .

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

idaho7755

Greenie
Jun 26, 2022
When you hear signal with a 01, 02 or 03 in meter. Turn on targets. See if signal gets better and pitch of signal increases. If it does. DIG.
Still learning my Deus II and want to try your tweaks- can you explain what you mean by “turn on targets” ? Thanks-

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still learning my Deus II and want to try your tweaks- can you explain what you mean by “turn on targets” ? Thanks-
Yes. Turn on targets. What I am referring to is when we get suspect target and we turn (rotate) and resweep.

ColonelDan

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I have since seen and experienced some demonstrated shortcomings of this program since my initial impression.
Conclusion; each user will have to adjust the settings to suit his site and preference….as always. No single program is a panacea in the detecting world.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the following.
Run FMF program with max freq 40 KHz.
I run version 2.0.
Sens FT works well.

Turn disc to zero.
Run notch at starting points 02 or 03 or 04. Notch. Needs to rid iron range so extend notch To at least 07.
Stop your notch wherever you decide.

When you hear signal with a 01, 02 or 03 in meter. Turn on targets. See if signal gets better and pitch of signal increases. If it does. DIG.

Have fun.

Cheers.
How is this going to be any different than simply leaving Disc where it is and reducing iron volume to 0? I fail to understand the logic behind this and how it is supposed to help you find things you would otherwise have missed. Can somebody please explain it to me? Thanks.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have since seen and experienced some demonstrated shortcomings of this program since my initial impression.
Conclusion; each user will have to adjust the settings to suit his site and preference….as always. No single program is a panacea in the detecting world.
I can run and use. Using it- key is meter behavior.

You think you have missed any targets masked on beaches?
Hmmm.
Likely.
Wonder how I know? Guess.
The Deus 2 is actually better than many folks realized. Meaning high chance folks have been missing targets under their coils that were infact detectable.
I may need to look at beach program and see how it behaves. Already looked at beach sensitive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread