Not open for further replies.

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On December 17th friend and detecting buddy Jim Trestrail, AKA Deepdigger60 passed away in his sleep. For some who don't know Jim was a Vietnam Vet. He live out on the east end of long island and enjoyed detecting old farm fields. I have fond memories of detecting with him. I just ask for prayers for his family. He will be missed. RIP Jim! He was buried at Calverton Cemetery (long island) with full military honors. jim tres.jpg here is a picture of him before he passed.. I can tell you he was one tough SOB!

Upvote 17
That's too bad. I exchanged messages with him a couple years back and it seemed like he had a few things going on he had to deal with, but after that it appears he bounced back... at least from what I could see with his post from various hunts.

he was a Loooooong time smoker.. always telling me he was gonna quit and that he needed a pacemaker..

he was a Loooooong time smoker.. always telling me he was gonna quit and that he needed a pacemaker..

We all have our demons, just too bad he didn't make those changes if that's what got him.

On December 17th friend and detecting buddy Jim Trestrail, AKA Deepdigger60 passed away in his sleep. For some who don't know Jim was a Vietnam Vet. He live out on the east end of long island and enjoyed detecting old farm fields. I have fond memories of detecting with him. I just ask for prayers for his family. He will be missed. RIP Jim! He was buried at Calverton Cemetery (long island) with full military honors. View attachment 935402 here is a picture of him before he passed.. I can tell you he was one tough SOB!

Sorry for the loss of your friend....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Sorry Scottso. Condolences and prayers for the family. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Sorry to hear about deepdigger60 .

I remember Jim and some of his hunts and finds from Long Island ,NY .

He was diggin up great coins from under a ripped out slab of concrete that near the pumps of an old gas station . Nam vet , dioxins ,post truama , too many of those men passing before their time .... RIP digger

my condolences....and his service appreciated.

Hate to hear that news! Thanks for letting us know.

God bless ya Digger..thank you for your service to our country

My prayers go out to you and his family so that god may comfort you through this sad time in life for all of you..

Sorry to hear, man. Prayers are with his family for sure.

My condolences. I have a spot in my heart for Vietnam vets. Reminds me of my dad. I'm thankful for his service.

I hate to hear it when one of my brothers is called home. I offer my prayers to his family and friends. May GOD comfort them in this time of loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back