Deciphered Pages From People That Claim They Are The ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are claiming a "hidden message" is contained in this "fictional story" what you then need to establish is the reason and motive as to WHY James Beverly Ward copyrighted and had his cousin John William Sherman print the pamphlet for publication and sale.

Everyone has good points here which leads me to your comment above ECS: think "hidden message in a fictional story" ...WHY do YOU think Ward would have copyrighted and Sherman printed? What would have been their "reason and motive"...what are the possibilities? Occam's razor! Probably, simply, to make the event of The Beale Papers important. Why? Because there is a treasure to be found by someone! And they (Ward/Sherman) wished for a serious nature association to a story they knew to be false/fictional but contained a message potent to lead to a...

It IS cleverly hidden! Not constructed is the solution...discovered within. Big difference between constructed and discovered.

It's important to keep information flow limited to none right now. Be patient. I am.

If you are claiming a "hidden message" is contained in this "fictional story" what you then need to establish is the reason and motive as to WHY James Beverly Ward copyrighted and had his cousin John William Sherman print the pamphlet for publication and sale.

James Beverly Ward had just came off of a court case over his grandfather's farm where he and his mother had lived since 1846. His grandfather, James Beverly Risque was indebted over $8,000. James Beverly Ward was employed as a road surveyor, how was he to pay the debt of his grandfathers as he was the executor of the Will of James Beverly Risque. All the farm equipment, all the slaves and all the house furniture was auctioned by the Sheriff of Campbell County. Some of the existing lots that James Beverly Risque had owned and the lot sold and later in his Will to Ferdinand Risque Hutter had all been sold. Still there were thousands of dollars that James Beverly Ward could not pay. He now had a very large family. In desperation he sold off one-half of the Hunter's Hill property to the Brown Family and later had to be re-sold to Judge David Spence. But this only netted another one thousand dollars. James Beverly Ward sold off his two saw mills, one on Goose Creek in Bedford County and the other a new steam saw mill in Appomattox County. Still James Beverly Ward was strapped for cash. He had benefactors mostly next of kin loan him cash for a number of years and the Hunter Hills Farm stood good for it. Yet even that was not enough. In the early 1870's Hunter's Hill was sold off, James Beverly Ward and his large family moved in with his daughter, Adeline McVeigh on 9th Street in Lynchburg, Va. As coded treasure messages were being sold all over the south, a copy fell into James Beverly Ward's hand and he envisioned using the treasure coded messages to write a grand story that has confounded treasure hunters for over a century the Beale Papers.

Factual research will reveal that there is no possible way that author would have known an estimated value of the treasure/weights unless he was talking about refined gold & silver, to which this research will reveal that there was no process for refining this gold and silver from the described area in the 1820's. Mining companies of this period suffered HUGE losses in material due to there being no efficient refining process, these losses in material sometimes being as high as 70% depending on the exact makeup of the matrix. This is all documented, it's all fact. This same research will also reveal that there is no possible way that 30 men (only 15 to 20 most of the time) could have mined that much material in the short time described, let alone process it without a process for doing so. So very-very clearly the author was completely oblivious to these facts when he penned his story many years later. :thumbsup: i.e., the author had no first hand knowledge of hard rock mining or the refining process, nor did he have any first hand knowledge about a few other things relating to the adventure as well. In short, his story is 100% made up.
HOWEVER, Mining Companies by 1882...

MY "take" on the "JOB PRINT"/Beale PAPERS Pamphlet is this; "Beale Treasure" = "missing" CSA Treasury, after the CONFEDERATE WAR. The "FEDS" were looking for it, then "NSA" sent agents to L'burg, Va. asking "COMMON" ppl "on the streets" about it, during the 40's. After the CONFEDERATE WAR, CSA VMI was rebuilt to become a US Military College, WHERE did the $$$$$$$$ come from...? WHY NSA/SPY papers from the Friedmans "housed"/archived in the Marshall Library at VMI...? To ME, it ALL points to VMI...

Last request of Thomas Jefferson Beale is the first part of Mr C's.

Why do we have Jefferson in this. No one knows of that before the Hart Brother's. Do you think they thought it was Cap Thomas Beale of Jefferson New Orleans?

Why do we have Jefferson in this. No one knows of that before the Hart Brother's. Do you think they thought it was Cap Thomas Beale of Jefferson New Orleans?

No because Captain Thomas Beale died September, 1820. He did live in Jefferson Parish of New Orleans but had nothing to do with middle initial "J" for Jefferson. I believe the "J" stood for "Jordan"

masterpoe, Those attachments of yours are for Daniel Cole's decipherment not the letters of Thomas Jefferson Beale?

Last edited:
...WHY do YOU think Ward would have copyrighted and Sherman printed? What would have been their "reason and motive"...what are the possibilities? Occam's razor! ...
As Franklin detailed in post # 62, James Beverly Ward was in dire financial straights and needed another source of income in addition to his legitimate business, hence the 50 cents ($13.00 in todays money) pamphlet price and the disclaimer that Ward was only the agent and not responsible to those that purchased the Beale Papers and believed the "authentic statements" as true.
Burma Shave with Occam's Razor. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
MY "take" on the "JOB PRINT"/Beale PAPERS Pamphlet is this; "Beale Treasure" = "missing" CSA Treasury, after the CONFEDERATE WAR. The "FEDS" were looking for it, then "NSA" sent agents to L'burg, Va. asking "COMMON" ppl "on the streets" about it, during the 40's. After the CONFEDERATE WAR, CSA VMI was rebuilt to become a US Military College, WHERE did the $$$$$$$$ come from...? WHY NSA/SPY papers from the Friedmans "housed"/archived in the Marshall Library at VMI...? To ME, it ALL points to VMI...

:coffee2::notworthy:

"About the year 1903 Clayton visited Mr Ward...confirmed all that is contained in the pamphlet...his son added his own confirmation, but in somewhat sad and solemn tones..."-THE HART PAPERS
What did Ward and son actually confirm what was in the papers?

"That Ward, by accident as he suggests succeeded in finding the key to cipher No2..." THE HART PAPERS
Notice that Ward, not the "unknown author" discovered the DOI key.

"created the suspicion that the story might have been made up instead of founded on fact..." THE HART PAPERS
It appears the Harts had their doubts about an "unknown author" bringing a finished manuscript to Ward and the story being true, as the full title of their papers state "alleged buried treasure".

Last edited:
I do not believe the Harts knew anything about a story or a manuscript until Clayton talked to JBW and son. All they had was cipher sheets and Newton Hazelwood's word that it would lead to a treasure near where he lived in Montvale.

I don't think Newton H Hazelwood mention the name Beale to the Harts, and the Harts never mentioned the infamous iron box, yet George Hart introduced Pauline Innis to a Otey family member who shown her an iron box containing a numbers covered torn slip of paper.

I don't think Newton H Hazelwood mention the name Beale to the Harts, and the Harts never mentioned the infamous iron box, yet George Hart introduced Pauline Innis to a Otey family member who shown her an iron box containing a numbers covered torn slip of paper.

I thought you said there was no iron box and the story was a hoax. Now you are using the iron box to back up your post?

Franklin, I wrote "an iron box", not "the iron box".
I have always found this Otey iron box suspect, and as Rebel-KGC mentioned, it may have been "manufactured" to be shown to Pauline Innis. There is NO actual provenance for this iron box to be from the Beale story.

Once again for the record, I do not believe the Beale Papers were written as a hoax, but rather as adventure/treasure dime novel similar in kind to others of that period genre, with inspiration drawn from Poe's THE GOLD BUG, but with the addition of play along with the story ciphers.
...and with the hefty 50 cent price for a pamphlet at that time, was placed for sale for the purpose of making a profit.

Last edited:
Franklin, I wrote "an iron box", not "the iron box".
I have always found this Otey iron box suspect, and as Rebel-KGC mentioned, it may have been "manufactured" to be shown to Pauline Innis. There is NO actual provenance for this iron box to be from the Beale story.

Once again for the record, I do not believe the Beale Papers were written as a hoax, but rather as adventure/treasure dime novel similar in kind to others of that period genre, with inspiration drawn from Poe's THE GOLD BUG, but with the addition of play along with the story ciphers.
...and with the hefty 50 cent price for a pamphlet at that time, was placed for sale for the purpose of making a profit.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Innis ever saw an iron box. Remember, she was an author for profit, and had she seen the iron box and its contents, especially given her background, she would have documented said box and contents realizing just how important that actual evidence was, and yet she didn't. Why? Because it never existed and she never saw it. PERIOD!

Hazlewood's "copies" were just that, hand made copies from the pamphlet, just like all the other "copies". No big mystery here.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Innis ever saw an iron box. Remember, she was an author for profit, and had she seen the iron box and its contents, especially given her background, she would have documented said box and contents realizing just how important that actual evidence was, and yet she didn't. Why? Because it never existed and she never saw it. PERIOD!

Hazlewood's "copies" were just that, hand made copies from the pamphlet, just like all the other "copies". No big mystery here.

I am certainly glad you have all the answers. We do not have to look any further than your post. In post past you have been just like me, one post for the treasure being real and the next believe it is a hoax. That is the way it is going to be until someone's finds a document or paper to verify one way or the other. I still keep an open mind as I search for this document. I may not like the story one day and the next day I may find information to prove it is the best actual and true story ever written. We need documented proof. Whatever anyone thinks or believes does not matter at this point. Where is the proof?

Where is the proof?

It's everywhere. Yes, in the past I was hopeful there was measure of truth to the tale which is why I went and investigated many of the avenues that I have in unbiased fashion, these avenues since revealing all of that proof to establish that the story is "just a story." This is why nobody has ever discovered anything that can be directly connected to actual events because those events "could have never taken place." On top of this, nothing the author says is true or accurate, not even his details concerning the ciphers. So you keep looking but just as all of the above and history itself has already made perfectly clear to you, "There is nothing to be found." But you already know this, and yet you keep looking? :icon_scratch:

PS: This is why the only documented evidence concerning this tale is against it.

No because Captain Thomas Beale died September, 1820. He did live in Jefferson Parish of New Orleans but had nothing to do with middle initial "J" for Jefferson. I believe the "J" stood for "Jordan"

masterpoe, Those attachments of yours are for Daniel Cole's decipherment not the letters of Thomas Jefferson Beale?

I have recently seen a list of letters from New Orleans from the newspaper that has Thomas Beale's name on it with two letters to his name. Everyone new Cap Thomas Beale the register of Wills and his son. There would seem to be more Beale's in New Orleans than the eye beholds. Above Thomas's name there was Cap John Beale also with a letter awaiting him in 1818.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back