New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was over in Delaware today, had some business to take care of, so I knocked on a door and asked for permission. The owner said ok after he interrogated me as to "what exactly are you looking for?" I told him old relics and old advertising tokens. He said, "ok but outside the fence" which meant the front and side yards.
This rang 13-46 at 6 inches, down eight inches I found it. I believe it is a match stick case, I looked hard for the other half/lid. It came out looking like silver, couple hours later I had myself convinced it was aluminum. I looked and looked for a silver mark and could not find one. So I broke out the baking soda and a few minutes later I seen the sterling mark.

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 25
I haven't heard from vino since my last trip down there, in all seriousness I thought he was pissed at us rednecks for some reason

Just you. He told me all about it. You rednecks should be ashamed of your selfs for acting like that. Very very disappointing indeed

Just kidding bud lol

I know lol, he likes to call dave and I rednecks, he's still a bit butthurt that my 49ers beat his hometown eagles

Wow.... how cool is this thing!! :)

Very beautiful ornate piece! Congrats!

When finding silver large is good!

"Beautiful sterling match safe!
If you look on the bottom of the case there should be a "wash-board" pattern used for striking the matches.

About two years ago I found the bottom portion of one and spent about an hour looking for the missing top portion. . . no luck. Then, about two years later my friend & I were hunting the same park and he found the missing top and gave it to me as a gift. . . how nice was that!

-Watercolor"

i hope u bought him a drink!

I bought my new old car in Feb,I have put 17,000 miles on it so far lol
Have detector will travel.

Sounds like you got the bug bad.

Are you married? I've Found Such Frequent Hunting can cause Marital Issues.

Very nice Match Case.

Davers

Very nice Match Case.

Davers

He is still married to his AT Pro but cheats on it with his new gf, the CTX Davers.

He is still married to his AT Pro but cheats on it with his new gf, the CTX Davers.

:laughing7:---That's the best way to do it.:exclamation:

Davers:thumbsup:

Very beautiful ornate piece! Congrats!

When finding silver large is good!
Thank you Ms bb

Wow, cool find! Congratulations
Thanks

Very nice Match Case.

Davers
Your very personal, Olddude is right, I'm married to my AT Pro, but we are on a break!

So gorgeous!
My brother told me this morning him and his wife think it is my best find. I of course like my 1798 Draped Bust and 1922 Peace Dollar as my favorites.

Beauty. Had to put sunnies on just to look at it. So shiny!:laughing7:

Great looking piece

That's a beautiful find right there Brad! :occasion14:
Good thing you "stayed outside the fence"! :laughing7:

Dave

That is one SWEET find.
Congrats.

Oh man that is a beautiful piece! Absolutely incredible find. Congratulations dude!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back